1. Mozilla Foundation
November 10, 2008
2. We want to ...
1. Articulate Foundation role and identity
in Mozilla community (long term)
2. Define programs that advance Mozilla
Foundation mission (medium term)
3. Catalyze community and get good
ideas rolling along the way (starts now!)
Roadmap (April 2009)
4. 2010 goals
Touchstones thought leadership
charitable purposes community
Ideas on table
2010 goals Role + open web literacy
board 1-on-1s Identity accessibility
Barcelona (March 2009) Research
Early grants and prizes
experiments grassroots organizing
setting for MoCo,
MoMo and MoFo education
→ next few months
5. We already have a lot to go on.
Let's get rolling.
6. proposed process
0. Inputs 1. Strawman 2. Research 3. Draft 4. Output
Community High level Detailed Complete Mozilla
discussion vision and research and draft of Vision
including program analysis on vision doc. Document
2010 goals, ideas for major Community
Whistler, board and program feedback and Role +
blogs, community ideas. Costs board retreat Identity
serendipity feedback. and viability. at this time.
To Dec 08 Dec 08 Jan-Feb 09 Mar-Apr 09 Roadmap
that fit with
Early experiments and community feedback
(→ Mozilla values, research, education, community health, etc.)
7. Critical factors
1. Constant community engagement
2. Rapid iteration, out in the open
3. Good research and clear options
4. Board involvement and support
5. The right people (need some help)
8. What's missing?
Theory of change?