View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
The Marketer’s Digital Challenge:
More Important, But More Confusing!
We Hear Common Trends:
• I Saved My Budget, But Where
Should I Spend It?
• Which Emerging Capabilities Are
Right For My Brand?
• How Can I Better and More
Quickly Act On The Data?
42% of marketers are dissatisfied with ROI measurements and metrics
– up 7 percent Y/Y
Source: ANA/MMA study of 200 senior marketers from member companies
including IBM, Coca-Cola, Microsoft, ING, and Nestlé USA (2007)
Marketers Struggle With Measurement In Four
Action without data
• High-level goals without
supporting metrics to define them
• Measurement intended, but not
delivered (technology, budgets…)
Context without action Data without insight
• No plans for improvement, • Unread reports (everyone gets
continue as before seven…)
• Actions “miss the window” to be • Data used to justify current
effective activities, vs. guiding new ones
Insight without context
• Confusion on which measures are
“right” and deserve focus –
• Little proven business value from
web behaviors (“engagement”)
comes from a long
The Result: Indefensible Spend on Marketing
86% of Global C-Level
Execs Assign Marketing
Even Worse, 62% Of Those
Execs Are Slashing Their
Marketing Budgets In 2009
Source: 2009 McKinsey & Company Survey of 529 C-level executives globally
Meanwhile, Digital Continues To Evolve..
Rising Costs and
2013 Recall Every
Semantic Increased Expectations
Web of ROI
2005 Search Social Media
Syndication Sharing Immersive
Email Social Social
iMedia Newsletters Commerce Commerce
... and Keeping Up Becomes Increasingly Complex
•What To Measure?
- Behaviors, Outcomes, Impact
•Where To Measure?
- iMedia, Mobile, Search, Social Networking, Video…
•When To Measure?
- Pre-Market, In-Market, Post-Market
•How To Measure?
- Tools, Budget, Methodology
It’s Time to Get Serious About
Measuring Digital Impact
The Way It Should Be:
1. Measurement should be holistic, insightful, and actionable.
2. Marketers should integrate digital measurement into their objectives to
optimize business decisions.
3. Decisions should be based on clear, objective results, and
complemented with smart business instinct.
How To Get There:
A Framework For Digital Measurement
• Implementing Tools And Policies
Automation That Optimize For You
• Planning And Refining The
Optimization Experience For Improved Impact
• Translating Behaviors Into
Business Measurement Business Outcomes And Impact
• Capturing, Integrating And
Digital Analytics Reporting Behaviors On The Web
The Framework Helps Grow Relationships
• Anticipate Changes Based on
Automation Mutual Experience
• Try Ways To Grow and Improve
Business Measurement • Discover What’s Really Important
• Listen and Observe Each Other
How Marketers Should Use The Framework – Examples
Example Marketer Resulting Marketer
• Defining Business • Compounded Impact From
Rules Reduced Expenses And
Automation • Deciding on Tools Incremental Revenues
• Multivariate Testing • Improved Customer
• Scenario Planning Experiences
Optimization • Marketing Spend Effectiveness
• Aligning Metrics To • Know Which Programs And
Business Objectives Customers Drive Impact
Business Measurement • Assessing ROI • Eliminate Unnecessary
• Creating Measurement • One Place To Clearly Track
Plans Progress and Gauge
Digital Analytics • Establishing Integrated Performance
How We Can Help:
Supporting Services From Bridge Worldwide
• Automated Personalization
• Site Optimization
• E-mail Design And Subject Line Optimization
Optimization • A/B And Multivariate Testing And Analysis
• Predictive Forecasting
• KPI’s/Dashboards, Digital And Cross-channel
• Market Mix Modeling Support/Consulting
• Program/Campaign ROI Analysis
• Campaign Analysis
• Web Reporting/Scorecards
Digital Analytics • Site Surveys
• Media Reporting
At Bridge, Strategy and Measurement Are One
We marry measurement with strategy, and
lead clients to smarter business decisions.
Our client backgrounds lead to better
understanding, simpler discussions, and
more actionable recommendations.
We use insights from analytics to make
the relationships between our clients and
their customers more meaningful.
And We Have Partners Who Can Help…
• Bridge Worldwide is part of the WPP Group network, the largest agency holding company in
the world with more than 2,000 offices in 106 countries.
• For situations where particular expertise is needed, Bridge will be a single-point of contact to
bring in niche partners. Some examples:
• Free analysis of current
measurement activities against
• Includes recommendations on
simplifying your measurement
initiatives to drive business Optimization
value from digital marketing
BWW Measurement Services: Our Impact
Leading Clients To The Right
Spend On Digital
•The Right Budget
•The Right Mix
•The Right Changes Over Time
Director of Strategic Planning