Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Lit. Unit 1, Lesson 4
Lit. Unit 1, Lesson 4
Stopping By Woods
on a Snowy Evening
--to learn about the poet, Robert Frost
--to hear and respond to a poem
--to understand poetic terms
--to enjoy and appreciate the poem
--turn your speakers up
--follow along with Frost in your book as he
• image : a picture created from the words in a piece of
• imagery : language that creates a mental picture by
appealing to the senses, that makes readers see, hear,
smell, taste, or feel things in their imagination; for
example, "the coal-black night," "the stinging
cold," "the rapping and tapping of rain on the
What images came to your mind?
• (look at poem again)
• mood : the emotions or feelings that are
conveyed in a literary work
• What type of mood does this poem have?
• Remember to always support your opinion. If I
ask you if you liked a piece of literature, don’t
just say “No. It was dumb.” Be more specific,
• “I didn’t like it because the topic was not
interesting to me, and I did not care for the
words the author used when describing the
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.