By Isabelle Hoagland
•There is a risk that one in every eight birds could be extinct.
•About 12% of all birds are vulnerable to being extinct.
• Tucan’s are endangered because of habitat loss and people
• If the rainforest’s get destroyed, then communities of
chimpanzees from ﬁfteen to one hundred would be at risk.
• The Sumatra Orangutan is the most endangered species in
•Jaguars are being hunted for their fur, which is being used
for coats and shoes.
•Jaguars are close to becoming extinct.
the poison dart frog is quickly becoming endangered because of
the fast rate of rainforest destruction.
The orangutan is highly endangered
for many reasons, including people
shooting them, wrecking their
environment by cutting down trees
(which causes them to not ﬁnd food),
and even people keeping them as
There are only approximately 30,000
over 80% of their habitat has been
destroyed in the past 20 years, and if
this rate keeps up, within 20 years
they could be completely gone.
•40% of all living species are endangered.
•Every day in a tropical rainforest, 35 different species become extinct.
• If animals go non-existent, then it will affect food chain.
• 80% of a native Sumatra rainforest has already been demolished.
•Indonesia’s forests are being cut down for bio fuel and palm oil for
THESE ARE SOME RAINFORESTS