1 . Population Growth The human population is growing rapidly , and therefore more land is needed for human activities. When the number of people increase, the available resources would have to be shared among more people. PAST Clinic PRESENT
2. Increasing Demand For Housing A growing population will mean that there will be an increase of the demand for housing . Thus, more land are used to build houses for the people, or they will end up homeless. HOMELESS
3. Growth of Industries Jobs for a growing population is an important concern. Developing manufacturing industries and businesses helps to provide jobs. To expand the manufacturing and businesses, more land is needed. Manufacturing And Businesses
4. Development of TRANSPORT SYSTEMS As a country develops, more roads and railways have to be built. For the transport network, 20% of the total land area is used.
5. increasing demand for ARABLE LAND *Arable land is land which is capable of growing crops, and suitable for farming. Arable land is strongly needed for growing of crops to produce food. Little amount of arable land is found on Earth as most land is unsuitable for growing crops. It is either too hot, too cold, too dry or infertile.
6. increasing demand for Recreational Spaces With a growing population , more recreational spaces are needed to let people enjoy themselves in their free time. Therefore, land is needed to build many facilities such as swimming pools, public golf courses, and theatres . For the older generation, parks and nature reserves are built for them to relax and enjoy.
CREDITS :D Chen Han Fei (2) Felicia Yap (6) Joan Chua (10) Lim Pei Jun (15) Loke Kai Xin (16)