2. LocationRelative- A part of North America, Arizona is bordered by the states of California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, and by the country of Mexico.Absolute- The absolute location for Phoenix, Arizona is 33*N, 112*W
3. Regions1. Arizona is located in the southwestern region of the United States.2. Arizona is located on the southwestern part of the United States.
4. PlaceLandmark- Several popular landmarks in the state of Arizona are Four Corners Monument, the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, and the Meteor Crater. Four Corners Monument Grand Canyon Hoover Dam Meteor Crater
5. PlacescontinuedLandform- Colorado Plateau, Black Mesa, and the Sonoran Desert are some of the landforms in Arizona. Colorado Plateau The Sonoran Desert
6. Places ContinuedTradition- A tradition that many people celebrate in Arizona is Gold Rush Day. It is held annually in Wickenburg, Arizona during the month of February. What happens during the Gold Rush Day is parades, rodeos, car shows, and more!Climate- The climate for the northern plateau area has harsh winters and mild summers. The southern desert area has mild winters and dry hot summers.
7. MovementTransportation- Some major highways in Arizona are Interstate 10, Interstate 17, and Interstate 8.
8. Movement Continued Exports-Lemons, copper, and construction parts are some of the exports of the state of Arizona.
9. Movement ContinuedAgriculture- Cotton, lettuce, citrus and other vegetables are grown in Arizona. The people that live in Arizona also raise cows and sheep.
10. Human/Environment InteractionAdapt- In the southwest United States, Native Americans had been living in adobe structures/houses for centuries by layering piles of a mud mixture on top of one another. Adobe material was mostly created in areas with little water. It is said that in cooler temperatures, the walls of an adobe structure absorb the heat when the sun goes down and in the summer when it is really hot, the temperature in the structure/house remain comfortable.
11. Human/Environment Interaction ContinuedModify- People that live in Arizona built and modified the Glen Canyon Dam Bridge toprovide hydroelectricity to the region and to regulate water flow.Hydroelectricity is electricity that is generated by falling or flowing water. Glen Canyon DamDepend- People that live in Arizona depend on the Colorado River for water and food.