9 Things You Need To Know About The Library Crj 4860
9 Things You Need to Know about the Library
1. WSU Library Home Page = http://www.lib.wayne.edu.
2. Criminal Justice Subject Guide. From the library home page, select “GUIDES” and then select
Criminal Justice. Or type in the URL = http://guides.lib.wayne.edu/criminaljustice .
3. Criminal Justice Liaison Librarian. Michael C. Sensiba, 1210 David Adamany Undergraduate
Library, email = email@example.com, phone = (313) 274-3209. Make appointments for
4. There are 5 WSU Libraries. David Adamany Undergraduate Library (UGL) has some Criminal
Justice books on the 2nd floor, and has some textbooks on reserve. Purdy/Kresge Library (PK)
houses most of the Criminal Justice book collection on the 3 rd floor, and has most of the print
journals and microfilm. Science & Engineering Library (SEL) has materials devoted to science.
Neef Law Library has materials on legal subjects. Shiffman Medical Library has materials
related to health and medicine.
5. OneCard is your library card. Your Access ID and Password gets you into electronic library
resources from anywhere on the Internet.
6. Search the Catalog when you are looking for books, videos, or journals. The catalog doesn’t
contain articles, however.
7. Use databases when you are searching for articles by topic or keyword. Databases for Criminal
Justice can be found on the subject guide or from the main page by selecting the “Article
Databases” tab and searching by database name.
8. Use online journals when you are looking for a specific journal or have a citation for a specific
article. Access journals by selecting the “Online Journals” tab and searching by journal title.
Select “Citation Linker” to get to the form for entering your full citation.
9. Need help? Ask us. Visit or call the reference desk at any of our libraries, or contact our “Ask-
A-Librarian” service by email, chat or instant message at
Michael C. Sensiba WSU Libraries Revised 1/20/2010