Hello, welcome to this presentation on SharePoint 2013 presentation for developers; I hope that you enjoyed the TechDays so far.This presentation is the second presentation of SharePoint 2013; in the previous presentation danholmes ;In my presentation I will show you (with a lot of demos) what the most important topics that have been improved in SP2013 in the development point of view.
It is important to keep in mind that my presentation will be followed by 3 other presentation from LievenIliano There will be of course some overlaps, but Lieven will get deeper into some topics I’ve covered
In SP2007 code (like web part) ran on the server; if the code wasbadlywritten the farmwas in danger; moving to anotherfarmwasverydangerousbecauseevery customisation has to betested.In SharePoint 2010 MS introduces SP in the cloud (aka SharePoint Online) as part of O365 and also the Client object model (CSOM and REST); to be able to run the customisation in the cloud (and in the cloud the farmwasshared), the code had to run in a veryprotectedenvironementcalled the sandbox : in the sandbox the functuonalitieswheremuch to limited and moreover the code ranwith the user permission (elevatedprivilegewas impossible).In SP2013 a new model call « App » isprovided, where no SP server side code runs in SP anymore; Client side code isused all the time; if server sideisusedit mus run in another (non SP) server like an asp.net server, php server etc…More details in Lieven session
Apps mean « Store »There are 2 stores A public store : « marketplace »A corporate store: « appcatalo »A new service application thatwill manage the licences, the app monitoring, the permissionsMore details in Lieven session
Whatdoes an app looks like ?
Start Sharepoint ManagerGo to ict7\\contosoDemonstrate the partner web site show the corporate news appCreate an appfrom scratch & describeit, deployitmanually to the appcatalog (show the appcatalog)Show appwebswith SharePoint ManagerDeploy to catalog, explaincatalogIllustratecorporate news code
Create an Hello world app ->azure http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fp179886.aspxIllustrate Access Service appExplaintokens p116 Contexttoken, Refreshtoken, Access Token, Authorizationtoken ?
Create a basic accessapp, on premise & O365
Wecancreateapps for SP, but wecanalsocreateapps for Office; thereis a new framework
Create a basic accessapp, on premise & O365
Microsoft has tremedouslyimprorved the workflow platform in SharePoint 2013.There are actually 2 workflow platforms : the old one (the one present in SP2010) isstillthere and allowyou to runyourold workflow if youwant.And you have the new one; thismeansthatwecan have 2 catgories of workflows in SP2013 : SP2010 workflows and SP2013 workflows. A wSP2013 workflow canstart a SP2010 workflow.
Let’s focus on the new platform : itiscalled Workflow Manager and isactually the workflow platformusedcreated for Azure, soitisveryscalable and robust.This platformrun on Premise, or if you running workflows in O365 your workflow willrun in on a platform on premise.As you notice, itis not part of SharePoint anymoren and the service bus manages the communication between the workflow manager and the sharepointfarm. There is a client side component call Workflow service manager.
The new platformallows new scalable topologies liketis one wherewe have several SharePoint famrs sharing a workflow farm in cluster.
1. Developing applications inSharePoint 2013: forget the past?Serge Luca
2. Who Am I ?Serge LucaSharePoint Business UnitManager @ICT7SharePoint MVPCo-author of 2 incoming books onSharePoint email@example.com
5. AgendaApps for Apps forSharePoint Office JS Link WCM WorkflowsConclusions
6. Apps for SharePoint
7. Problems with custom code (Very) expensive upgrades to Stability new versions of SharePoint Code runs with the Do you really believe that identity/permissions of a sandboxed solution cannot specific user perform attacks ? The upgrade feature story is not clear for many dev (feature versioning or assembly versioning…)
8. Upgrading to a new version ofSharePoint ?
9. SharePoint App Model :past, present, future…
11. Apps lifecycle Catalogs Mngt Licences Mngt Tenants Mngt Perms Mngt Provider Monitor Apps hosted App External Web Site (IIS ?) Apps Service Application SP hosted App Authorized App Delegation *.app download Public app store Cloud Azure Web Site Auto hosted App Internal App *.app Promotion App Developer Site Web App #1 File System SharePoint Farm Cloud
12. Apps : UI experience Full page Fully Immersive (Mandatory) App Parts “Web Parts” (Optional) UI command extensions (Optional)
14. What’s covered in the newCSOM/REST APIs?
16. REST or CSOM ?REST is not just for CRUDoperations anymore I use REST for cross platform code By default IBeware: (IOS/Androïd,…) stick to CSOMNO BCS NO managedmanipulation metadatawith REST manipulation
17. What you won’t be able to do with apps : Custom action groups & Custom custom Timer jobs definitions hidings User Delegate controls(.ascx) Controls
18. Apps for Office
20. Office App Office Web AppTask Pane Excel Excel Word ProjectContent App Excel ExcelMail App Outlook Outlook
21. What is Napa ? Great way to start builing SharePoint & No need to All you need is Office apps in install Visual an Office 365 the web Studio Account
23. SharePoint Designer2010 2013 Data View Web Part was based JS Link replacesCould display Designing on XSLT -> No Designer the Data ViewSharePoint Master Pages code too (except for Web Part (kindPages was possible complicated Workflows) of)
24. Can also be used in Custom fields :
25. Web Content Management
26. Majors WCM Improvements in SP2013
27. Designing Master PagesProblems in previous versions of SharePoint Pure DesignersMaster pages work (people) don’t want to The Designvery well, but much mess up with MANAGER is yourtoo complex SharePoint ! new friend
29. SharePoint 2013 Workflow Manager SharePoint 2010 SharePoint 2013 workflows workflows Windows Server SQL Server Windows Server SQL Server
30. SharePoint 2013 and Workflow Service Access Control SharePoint Events Content People Sharing 2010 WF SharePoint Designer 2013 Visual Studio 2012 OAuth _API (REST OM) Workflow Manager Workflow Services Manager Instances Interop Workflow Client Service Bus Deployment Messaging WF Service Application Proxy
31. Workflow topology SP Farm 1 Workflow Client Workflow Cluster SP Farm 2 • Each SP farm targets a different Workflow Manager scope Workflow Client
32. SharePoint Designer Workflows :new features
35. Thank You ! http://sergeluca.wordpress.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org