2. WHAT IS A LANDSCAPE? Simply put - An image or work of art of scenery
3. The Last of the Mohicans. Thomas Cole. 1826.
4. Mount Sainte-Vitoire. Paul Cezanne. 1895.
5. The Ship. JMW Turner. 1840.
6. The Harvesters. Pieter Brueghel the Elder. 1565.
7. Starry Night. Vincent Van Gogh.
8. SO HOW DO WE CREATE A SUCCESSFUL LANDSCAPE?
9. There are (4) things you must always have to create a landscape, and they are; 1) A HORIZON LINE 2) A FOREGROUND 3) A MIDDLE GROUND 4) A BACKGROUND
10. HORIZON LINE - The line where the land (or sea) seems to meet the sky. The horizon line is usually located ataround the middle of your scene/paper
11. FOREGROUND - the part of the image/scene that is closest to the viewerThe foreground is larger and more detailed compared to the rest of the scene. It is also in the lower portion of the why do you think that is? composition.
12. MIDDLE GROUND - The “middle” of your image. Objects start to become smaller and less detailed. This one’s easy - the Middle ground is located in the MIDDLE of your landscape!
13. BACKGROUND - Whats going on in the rest of your landscape, includes the sky, and everything is smaller!!!
14. Our Project -We will be using an art technique called COLLAGEto create the different layers to form our landscapes Collage - using multiple images or parts to form together to create an entirely new image!