On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
★Someone who loves
and defends his or her
★The Minutemen were
some of the ﬁrst patriots
to sacriﬁce their lives for
Response Question: What does it mean
to be loyal? Who are you loyal to?
16 Sep Agenda
★ Cultural Literacy (CLT) Patriot
★ American Dream Video/Notetaking Skills
★ Annotation of Preamble to the
★ Exit Ticket/Homework
• Students will write down quotes from the
people interviewed in the video that they
found interesting in the 2nd column
• Students go back to write thoughts about
American Dream in the 1st column
• After the video, students summarize new
ideas about American Dream & its
relationship to Horatio Alger in bottom
1. Underline words, phrases & sentences that are important to understanding
2. Above words you don’t know, write a synonym from a dictionary or
3. Write a (P) over underlined words, phrases or sentences which lead to a
4. Write an exclamation mark (!) over underlined text where you make a
connection with other ideas.
5. Write an equals sign (=) over underlined text where you make a connection
with other ideas.
6. Write a question mark (?) over underlined text that you have questions to
Preamble to the United States Constitution
We the people of the United States, in order to form a more
perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic
tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the
general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to
ourselves and our prosperity, do ordain and establish this
Constitution for the United States of America.
✤Exit Ticket: Cornell Notes on
American Dream Video & HO1.1