2. Welcome to the Museum of Ancient Greece Museum Curator History Geography Economics Exit Civics
3. Miss Wosczyna’s Class <ul><li>Ancient Civilizations like Ancient Greece have affected the way we live today. The Ancient Greeks have given many contributions to the world. Please explore the museum that my class created to learn more about Ancient Greece’s contributions and way of life. </li></ul>Return to Entrance Note: Virtual museums were first introduced by educators at Keith Valley Middle School in Horsham, Pennsylvania. This template was designed by Dr. Christy Keeler based on one of the sample virtual museums provided by the Keith Valley staff at ISTE ’s NECC 2005. Contact Dr. Keeler for more information on using this template.
4. History Exhibit History Exhibit More History To Entrance
5. Room 2 History Exhibit Continued To Entrance
6. Economics Exhibit Economics Exhibit To Entrance
7. Trade <ul><li>The Greeks traded. Trade was very important to the Greek city states. The Greeks trade because they dint have enough food. They also trade to get stuff they need like glass blows and silk cloth. The Greeks trade to get goods. Trade many things. Greeks traded for the stuff they need. Trade this is about like the Greeks trade important stuff they need to do things that they need to do. Like make food. </li></ul><ul><li>By: Jada </li></ul>Return to Room Image acquired at: 2005. Image. 6 March 2011. <http://www.discoveryeducation.com/>.
8. Room 4 Geography Exhibit Entrance
9. Civics Civics Exhibit To Entrance
10. Farmers <ul><li>In the summer it used to be so hot in the summer the sun beat down on their crops. </li></ul><ul><li>So they got famers and they paid the famers to take care of their crops and they wear doing a good job so they paid them extra money because they were doing a good job. And suddenly they got attacked the people how were attacking had swords and shields .and there crops were dying sense know one give them water and the famer could not even give them water because they were moving out. Then when all of the wars end they got some people back and some of there buildings back. and then they got back some famers then more and more of stuff to use. And when they got most of there stuff they hoped it what happen agene. BY JUSTIN </li></ul>Return to Room Image acquired at: www.microsoft.com
11. Sculptures/Statues <ul><li>Back in Ancient Greece there were beautiful brightly colored marble sculptures that made the outside of the Parthenon beautiful. They were </li></ul><ul><li>designed by Pheidias one of the greatest artist. </li></ul><ul><li>The Ancient Greek`s made statues to honor there gods and heroes. A lot of artist made there statues out of marble. People made statues just for public places and temples. The most magnificent and expensive was probably the enormous statue of Athens. The statue is said to have cost more to make the Parthenon itself. </li></ul><ul><li>By Kaylee </li></ul>Return to Exhibit Image acquired at: www.microsoft.com
12. Adaptations <ul><li>How Greece can make homes on the mountains. That some times they can holed it up with columns. Or they can use brisk to holed it up homes shops and many more to. Some time you can make strait rode’s and you can make homes on it . Or you can make holes in the hill and put a home in it. Now you knew about the Greeks. </li></ul><ul><li>By: Kerilynn </li></ul>Return to Exhibit Image acquired at: www.microsoft.com
13. Map <ul><li>In the Greek world they had the Sparta. The sea </li></ul><ul><li>Of Crete home of Minot. Our land conquered by Alexander the great. Cyprus tm Olympus and more in the Greek map. The ancient Greeks homeland Include main land Greece hundreds of islands in the Mediterranean sea and settlements. All along the coast of western turkey. Also the map shows Athens and Sparta and some of the largest Greek city states had fewer than 10,000 people. The city states on the Aegean islands and in Asia were founded in the Greek century BC. Greece is a country broken up by mountains and the sea in ancient times. It was very hard to travel around Greece. The ancient Greeks lived in small groups a city state. In ancient times Greece was made up of many city states. It was not united into one country as it is today. A city state usually consisted of a town and the villages and farm land around it. by Tajari M </li></ul>Return to Exhibit Image acquired at: Map: The ancient Greek civilization. . 2005. Image. 6 March 2011. <http://www.discoveryeducation.com/>.
14. Ship Builders <ul><li>I am going to talk about ship builders they build ships . The ship builders they build big ships and they decorate it with some sand and thread and some bones .They have small flags .they have strips on the ships and the strips are white and red. Some ships are small and they have the little ships that you paddle . They have some ship that have vary big flags and big flags they use paddles for big boats and small boats. Some boats are shape like dog and dragons they don’t have steering wheels to steer left are rite they have to line with all of the paddles at ones to trine left are rite to steer. I am don taking about ship builders. By Tyrese </li></ul>Return to Exhibit Image acquired at: www.microsoft.com
15. Paintings and Art <ul><li>People of Alexander`s empire preserved their own culture and worshipped their own Gods. Greek art inside there was a gallery of paintings and of sculptors. Ancient Greeks used wax for painting. Portraits are when you sit and they paint you. </li></ul><ul><li>By Wendy </li></ul>Return to Exhibit Image acquired at: 2005. Image. 6 March 2011. <http://www.discoveryeducation.com/>.
16. Direct Democracy <ul><li>Direct democracy is a government in which people vote to make their own rules and laws. Democracy is the decisions about government and decisions are made by councils of ordinary citizens. Only adult men were entitled to be citizens. And that is direct democracy. </li></ul><ul><li>BY: Willow </li></ul>Return to Exhibit www.microsoft.com
17. Myths <ul><li>An old story that expresses beliefs‘ or history of a group of people or explains some natural events. Like flying people and sirens. Myths are not true made up things, myths just not real. </li></ul><ul><li>By James </li></ul>Return to Exhibit Image acquired at: www.microsoft.com
18. Physical Features <ul><li>The peninsula has three sides. It has many </li></ul><ul><li>Islands around it. When it rains on the mountain </li></ul><ul><li>The crops slide down with it. So what they did they dug like in the photograph. They dinged </li></ul><ul><li>In the mountain to farm. It had vary little rich </li></ul><ul><li>Soil. Hills whir small. The Greece's farmed all year. That’s what I learned about Greece. </li></ul><ul><li>By Haley </li></ul>Return to Exhibit Image acquired at: www.microsoft.com
19. Farmers and Fighters <ul><li>It was important to farm. Long ago in ancient Greece it Was very dry. Some farmers grow crops </li></ul><ul><li>With very simple tools. In September the seeds harvested olives and grapes. The emperor said you must work to avoid famine. </li></ul><ul><li>By David M </li></ul>Return to Exhibit Image acquired at: www.microsoft.com
20. Water Feature <ul><li>They live by the sea to drink water and catch fish and squids. They catch all that food they use boat to catch it. If they don’t all animal will bite you or eat you or kill you. </li></ul><ul><li>By David </li></ul><ul><li>Sources </li></ul><ul><li>Title: Civilizations Past to Present Greece </li></ul><ul><li>Author: Kevin Supples </li></ul>Return to Exhibit Image acquired at: www.wikipedia.com
21. Olympic Games <ul><li>Olympic games are hold every four years. The first games were in 776B.C . Olympic games lasted 1,170 years. That’s along time the winter Olympic games include ice skating ,skiing, and snowboarding ,Zeus had a brother named Poseidon. He was a god of the seas. Poseidon lived in a palace under the sea he always carried </li></ul><ul><li>A trident .When the Greeks lost a war in the Olympics long ago he would hit the water. Olympic games were held in 1896 today many of the ancient sports and games are played in summer Olympics . Over the years other sports were added </li></ul><ul><li>by Dane </li></ul>Return to Exhibit Image acquired at: The entrance to the Stadium of Olympia. . 2005. Image. 6 March 2011. <http://www.discoveryeducation.com/>.
22. <ul><li>What if you lived at the edge of the sea? How in ancient Greece, many people sailed ships and traded goods. Ships carried goods such as olive, oil, grapes, and figs back and forth to their land. Greece is so mountains that sailing from one place to another is easier than traveling over land. Imagine sailing across the sea in a wooden ship. You have to be careful not to run into rocks. You also have to watch out for pirates. Today Greece has many port cites Shipping is still an important industry. One port city is Piraeus . Piraeus is one of the largest ports on the Mediterranean. Its a busy place full of fishing boats many people in Greece work on ships. </li></ul><ul><li>By Bianca </li></ul>Mediterranean Sea Return to Exhibit Image acquired at: www.microsoft.com
23. Parthenon <ul><li>This is a paper of the Parthenon. The Parthenon is one of the most famous thing in Greece. The Parthenon is made out of white marbles. The Parthenon is a meeting of a house. The Parthenon is a place with columns‘ on it. You will love it. </li></ul><ul><li>By Barbara </li></ul>Return to Room Image acquired at: www.microsoft.com
24. Democracy <ul><li>During the fifth century BC, Athens, as Attica is often called Developed a system of Government known as Democracy, which means that the government was elected by the people. At a time when all other states and neighboring countries were ruled by a monarch or by small privileged groups, the Athenians ruled themselves. It was a unique idea and a great source of strength. supreme power rested with the Assembly. It met 40 times a year in Athens and was open to all adult male citizens. It business was guided by a Council of 500 citizens, chosen by lots from the ten tribes of Attica. Day to day decisions were made by the Prytaneis the inner council of 50. Known as birthplace of democracy. Greeks made a democracy. </li></ul><ul><li>by </li></ul><ul><li>Gideon </li></ul>Return to Room Image acquired at: www.microsoft.com
25. Art and Mosaics <ul><li>The Greeks thought that there was a perfect shape for any object whether it was a art. Roman artists and images of gladiators from paintings and art and crafts to mosaics. A picture of mosaic he was the one who made the map of the world and invented a sun dial to tell time. </li></ul><ul><li>By Miguel </li></ul>Return to Room` Image Acquired at: Ancient Greek Mosaic of Medusa . Corbis, 2006. Image. 6 March 2011. <http://www.discoveryeducation.com/>.