Period 3 - Ivan Moutinho - How The Beatles Made Their Way Across The UniversePresentation Transcript
How The Beatles Made Their Way Across The Universe A Presentation By Ivan Moutinho Northeast High School Magnet Program
“It was 20 years ago today…” My interest of the band emerged with: A listening of “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” Meaning of George Harrison’s lyrics Band’s humble beginning
“Come together, right now…” The Beatles were one of the most positive influential forces of today’s society as a result of their: Music Presentation Philosophical views
“Roll over Beethoven we're rockin' in two by two…” Influenced society through their music. Music was unique and intriguing. England’s society disproval of rock ‘n roll led to innovative alternatives such as skiffle. The Beatle’s reluctance of limitations of music options to play.
“If you get too cold I’ll tax the heat…” The group’s music held aspects not heard in any other band’s work. Different combinations of genres of music. Instruments used in recordings not normally used in rock ‘n roll. Vocal Harmonies Constantly experimented with their songs
“I get by with a little help from my friends…” The popularity of The Beatles’ music grew greatly The development of Beatlemania Their music became a gateway for other artists in The British Invasion Inspired bands such as The Rolling Stones, Dusty Springfield
“When you talk about a revolution…” Today’s bands owe credit to the Fab Four Byrds Pink Floyd Oasis Billy Corgan Coldplay U2 Deep Purple Ray Charles
“Out of college money spent…” The Technology used by the band continuously evolved Eight Album Tracks Artificial Double Tracking Sampling
“And In The End…” The band’s influence surpassed the test of time No other bands were as experimental and different They inspired today’s clothing and hair choices.
7) Freund, Charles. "Still Fab - The Beatles and their timeless influence." bnet. N.p., June 2001. Web. 18 Nov 2010. <http://findarticles.com/p/articles /mi_m1568/is_2_33/ai_75099632/>.
8) Miles, Barry. "The Beatles' Influence on Popular Culture Summary | BookRags.com." BookRags.com | Study Guides, Lesson Plans, Book Summaries and More. Web. 17 Nov. 2010. <http://www.bookrags.com /The_Beatles'_influence_on_popular_culture>.
9) "The Beatles Influence on Music Recording." Jazz - AllAboutJazz.com. 10 Aug. 2008. Web. 23 Nov. 2010. <http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/news.php?id=21640>.
11) Miller, . "Goldmine's 1995 Annual: Top Beatle Collectibles." Krause Pubns Inc. 1995: (n.a.). Print. 1) Spitz, Bob. Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! The Beatles, Beatlemania, and the Music That Changed the World. 1st. New York: Little, Brown And Company, 2007. Print.
2) Davies, Hunter. The Beatles. New York: W.W. Norton, 2006. Print.
3) Ingham, Chris. The Rough Guide To The Beatles. 2nd. New York: Rough Guides Ltd, 2006. Print.
5) Ravenscroft, Alan, Dir. The Beatles: From Liverpool to San Francisco. Perf. McCartney, Paul. Eagle Rock Entertainment: 2005, Film.
6) Smeaton, Bob, Dir. The Beatles Anthology. Dir. Geoff Wonfor." Perf. McCartney, Paul. Apple Corps: 1995, Film. 12)http://static.rateyourmusic.com/album_images/2d7a26a9f1af37982c4c06ac574b4a21/289540.jpg 13)http://www.topnews.in/files/Oasis-Band.jpg 14)http://consequenceofsound.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Coldplay.jpg 15) http://blog.bitvibe.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Abbey-Road.jpg 16) http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Fdi3bRns9zI/SSAJIAiUroI/AAAAAAAABjQ/Nn_Z8HzZyTM/s400/tWJ8I_532952_l.jpg 17)http://beatlesnumber9.com/Brit-Flag