I have decided to drive my own vehicle instead of flying. My reason is because
it costs almost double the amount to fly, then it would to drive. I would be driving
a 1998 Nissan Altima and runs at about 23 miles per gallon. We would travel
approximately 920 miles total. The price per gallon in the state of Nevada is
approximately $3.80. I would spend around $240 on gas to get there and back.
Gasbuddy.com was one very helpful website I used to get these results.
We would use the website www.vrbo.com to help us decide on the perfect place
to stay. I found the cutest little cabin located in Cave Rock, south east shore of
Lake Tahoe, NV. There is one bedroom, one bathroom, and a loft that sleeps
four to five people comfortably. Because we have decided to stay March 25th till
March 28th, it would cost $125 per night, or $375 total.
We would decide to snowboard at the Heavenly Ski Resort. We would decide to
buy/rent our lift tickets and snowboarding gear online in order to save a few dollars.
Lift tickets for two days costs $156 per person, or $312 total. The two day
snowboarding include a snowboard, boots, and bindings. Rentals are $71.54 per
person, or $143.08 total.
Since we do not like to spend too much money, we would only visit two local
spots. The first place is called the Paddle Wheel.
I did some research, and they supposedly have great live music. We would
spend no more than fifty dollars at the Paddle Wheel. I also thought the Horizon
casino would be a nice place to visit and maybe watch a movie or two.
Approximately seventy-five dollars. With a total of $125 spent music and movies!
1st breakfast : Denny's
We order the Everyday Value Slam and the French toast breakfast.
• The Everyday Value slam includes 2 pancakes, 2 eggs, 2 sausage links, and
and orange juice. ($6.14)
• The French toast breakfast comes with French toast, 2 eggs, 2 sausage links,
hash browns and a vanilla ice coffee. ($8.14)
6.14 + 8.14= 14.28 + 3.00 tip comes to a
• Total bill of $17.28
1st lunch : The Red Hut Cafe
• We order a BLT ($8.00), iced tea ($2.00)
• Bacon Cheeseburger ($9.00) coca cola ($2.00) + $3.15 tip
• Total bill $24.15
1st dinner : Subway
• We order a turkey breast & black forest ham foot long and a sprite ($9.00)
• Subway club and a dr.pepper ($7.25)
• Total bill $16.25
2nd breakfast : Buffet @ MontBleu
• $12.95 per person(2) + $2.00 tip
• Total bill $25.90
2nd lunch : Cafe Del Soul
• We order Philly Cheese Steak with french fries ($10.00) lemonade ($2.50)
• ABLTC with potato salad ($8.00 vanilla milk shake ($3.99) + tip $3.67
• Total bill $28.16
2nd dinner : Lake Side Inn
• We order Lamb barbacora wrapped in banana leaves (full rack) ($12.00) mint
• Pork Chops in a pineapple rum glaze with chorizo and spinach ($10.00) red
sangria (glass) ($3.50) + tip $4.88
• Total bill $37.38
3rd breakfast : American Cafe
• We order Chicken Pot Pie with broccoli, peas, and carrots (12.00) milk ($2.15)
• Chicken & Waffles with honey mustard dressing ($12.25) water ($0.00) + tip
• Total bill $ 30.36
3rd lunch : Four Seasons
• We order Calamari Sandwich with steak, cheese, onions, sprouts, tomato,
and french fries ($10.25) hot tea ($1.75)
• Horizon Club House with bacon, turkey, lettuce, tomato, a pickle, and a salad
($8.50) pepsi ($1.95) + tip $3.37
• Total bill $25.82
3rd dinner : Lone Eagle Grille (overlooks the beautiful beach!)
• We order Seared Ahi Tuna ($14.00) water ($0.00)
• Lamb Shank ($42.00) water ($0.00) + tip $11.20
• Total bill $67.20
1. transportation $240
2. lodging $375
3. lift tickets $312
4. snow rentals $143.08
5. going out $125
6. 1st days meals $57.68
7. 2nd days meals $91.44
8. 3rd days meals $123.38