2. USE THESE KEYWORDS TO START OFF YOUR MINDMAP:MOVEMENT SPEED INACTIVE WORK OCCUPATION TRANSACTION PLAY EXERCISE ACTIVITY ENERGY LIGHT ELECTRICITY SPIRIT POWER BUSY FORCE EVENT MISSION INCIDENT DEED ACTION DRAMA SCENE NARRATIVE PERFORMANCE MOTION ACTIVIST CAMPAIGN ACHIEVER ACTING EFFORT CONFLICT CLASH WARFARE FIGHTING BATTLE ACCUSATION EXPLOIT TIME DYNAMISM ANIMATION PROACTIVE ALIVE EXPLODE WAR PERSUASION GRAVITY PUSH POLICE
3. ARTISTS RESEARCH – AO1 TAKE NOTES ON THECONTEXT OF ANY 5 IMAGES WHICH YOU FIND INTERESTING, EXCITING, POWERFUL OR INSPIRATIONAL IN GIVING YOU IDEAS FOR YOUR OWN WORK…
4. NICK KNIGHT ANOTHER MAN PAINT EXPLOSIONS, PURPLE ON BLUE, AUTUMN WINTER 2005
5. HAROLD E EDGERTON‘Shooting the apple’ 1964
6. MOVEMENT, COLLISON, FRAGMENTATIONTREVOR SCOBIE Niels Christian WulffLIQUID DYNAMICS 2CHROMIUM ECHOSE Alan Jaras
14. Documentary/ war photography WILLIAM KLEINCHARLIE COLE THOMAS HOEPKER
15. Erwin WurmMaurizio Cattelan
16. Seth Castell Tadao Cern
17. FROM THE SHEET OF PHOTOGRAPHERS IMAGES, SELECT YOUR FAVOURITE 5 ANDCOMPLETE AN ARTIST ANALYSIS GRID LIKE THE EXAMPLE BELOW: Photographer Keywords Link to ‘Force’ Context Personal Response The image shows how The image was taken in I find the image powerful Conflict, 1989, in Tiananmen as it shows a vulnerable someone can use little protest, tanks, force or power to Square, Beijing, China. It man taking a stand was taken during against a tank, a symbol of confront and stop a army, ‘stand- protests made by power and strength machine known for within an army and a civilians during political off’, civil war, applying force in a war machine often associated differences. situation. with death. However the politics, man power of the individual is Charlie Cole v’s machine too strong.
18. HOMEWORK:WITH THE REST OF YOUR IMAGES AND IMAGES YOU FIND OFFTHE INTERNET AND IN MAGAZINES, MAKE AN A3 COLLAGE OFIMAGES WHICH LINK TO THE THEME OF force THIS COLLAGE DOESN’T LINK WITH ‘POWER’ SO DON’T JUST USE IMAGES FROM FASHION MAGAZINES!!