1. Chapter 13 Jeopardy 500 500 500 500 400 400 400 400 300 300 300 300 200 200 200 200 GOD 100 100 100 100 FINAL JEOPARDY Love, Justice and the Golden Rule Social Justice and the Catholic Church Different Types of Justice Who is the Just Person?
2. This person was just and righteous because he was someone who carried the burdens of others, who endangered his own life so that others were made free, who stood up for the rights of the voiceless and who interceded for the powerless.
3. In the New Testament, he took care of the poor, sick and overburdened and is a model for how we live and for others.
4. By becoming the ____,____,____ & ____ of God, we bring justice into our relationships. (Hint: Body parts)
5. It is what Luke calls Jesus in relation to Justice.
6. A just person is S______ & F______ to the demands of others.
7. Number of types of relationships that undergrid the notion of justice
8. AKA Contributive Justice
9. Shoplifting, robbery, being late for work etc. violates this type of justice.
10. DAILY DOUBLE Name one of the types of goods regarding DISTRIBUTIVE JUSTICE.
11. The Eucharist unites us with the “____ ____”
12. The Church does not identify with any one type of ___________.
13. Seen as the goods of creation and are to serve the needs of all.
14. Unity with and among people, based on common interests, values & principles
15. <ul><ul><li>They proposed fulfilling Basic needs for the poor </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Increasing active participation in economic life by those who are presently excluded or vulnerable </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Investment of wealth, talent, or human energy should be specially directed to benefit those who are poor or economically insecure. </li></ul></ul>
16. <ul><ul><li>An example of distributive justice. The government collects and redistributes this wealth for the common good of its people. </li></ul></ul>
17. “ Do to others as you would have them do to you”
18. I have no interest in what the other will give to me. I act only out of love and generosity. HINT: ( D____________ Justice)
19. This event in the Bible gave us a greater understanding of justice and taught us to take a higher commitment when it comes to justice
20. Love your _______; lend, expect nothing in return.
21. The language of Justice
22. FINAL JEOPARDY He said “Justice without mercy cannot be perfect virtue.”
23. Insert Text for Question Category 5 – 20 points
24. Insert Text for Question Category 5 – 30 points
25. Insert Text for Question Category 5 – 40 points
26. Insert Text for Question Category 5 – 50 points