1. Write out your Introduction to the Organization http://corkboard.me/GJsMKbGKs12. Write your Problem Identification. This can be derived from your brief and should look similar to this:Problem Identification The problem I have identified is that Globalmob require rebranding and marketing materials for their new business. They also need a way of promoting their products to a national audience. The solution I intend to suggest and develop is a new logo with branding guidelines as well as a website inline with this new identity.
1. Write out your Investigating the Problem ◦ This should start with an introduction outlining why you need to investigate the problem further and how you will go about it e.g. an interview with my client ◦ You should also justify why you have chosen your preferred investigation method e.g. why an interview and not a questionnaire/observation/document analysis2. Your Investigating the Problem should look similar to this:Investigating the Problem Now that I understand more about the organisation I intend to find out more about the problem and my clients requirements. In order to do this I intend to have a meeting with my client so that I can ask further questions about what he thinks are the problems and how we can go about solving them. I think a meeting is the best form of investigation because……3. You should then write out a list of questions you intend to ask your client and allow space for the answers given e.g. use a table Questions Responses from my client ….. Who will be using the system? Further comments:
1. After Each investigation stage there should be a conclusion of some sort i.e. a summary of what you have found out2. In your meeting with your client you should have asked who will be using the system i.e. who your USER(S) are3. At this stage you could write your CLIENT, USER(S) and AUDIENCE sectionClient, Users and Audience After meeting with my client to discuss the situation further I have found out that the following personnel will be part of the system development and implementation:Client Mr. D Forman. Mr. Forman is the Managing Director of Globalmob and the person who requires the solution to a problem. Mr. Forman is an experienced sales man having ……. ………. ……… ……… Mr. forman will not use the system once built.User(s) Jenny Foster is a newly qualified sales and marketing graduate hired by Globalmob to manage and coordinate all sales and marketing associated with the company. Her job description also outlines that she will be responsible for the up dating and maintenance of the company website.Audience The audience of both the rebranding and website will be the customers of Globalmob products. The audience will mainly be male, sports enthusiasts ranging from the ages of 21 – 45. However, it is likely that a younger audience might access the site also.
1. Now you know your Client, User(s) and Audience it will be necessary to investigate the skill level of you user(s) further2. You need to choose an appropriate investigation technique to do this e.g. a meeting, observation or a survey3. Introduce this section with a short paragraph explaining why you need to investigate the user and what method you will be using and why:Investigating the users skill level When developing any sort of IT system it is important to consider the users as they are the people that make active use of the solution i.e. they will be the people updating the website. I think a meeting/observation/survey is the best form of investigation because……
1. You should then show clear evidence of carrying out the investigation method that you said you would use to find out the users skill level. Evidence of a questionnaire Evidence of a transcript Evidence of observation With results showing from a meeting2. You should then conclude what you have found out from this analysis
1. At this stage you should be very aware of exactly what it is you need to produce and who will be using it.2. You now need to write out your Client Requirements which should derive from the meeting you had with your clientClient Requirements Having conducted thorough investigation into the organisation, client and users. I am now very clear about the client requirements for the solution I intend to develop The client requirements are: 1. A logo that reflects the ethos of the organisation 2. A logo that contains the colours red, white and blue 3. A website that is easy to maintain 4. A website that is user friendly for the audience
1. You will realise from your Client Requirements that there are some things that need extending in order to assess the success of your solution.2. For example on the last slide some of the Client requirements were not as explicit as they need to be e.g. “A logo that reflects the ethos of the organisation” this requirement needs further evaluation criteria adding to it as you have not mentioned the „ethos of the organisation‟ Another example from the previous slide: „a website that is user friendly to the audience‟ You can use your experience, expert knowledge and opinions to added clearer evaluation criteria to this e.g. all pages must be accessible within three clicks3. The next stage is to identify Evaluation Criteria
1. Evaluation Criteria is the core focus for not only understanding what you must produce but for evaluating whether what you have produced (at the end) does what it is supposed to do and how it is supposed to do it.2. You must organise your evaluation criteria into quantitative and qualitative requirements3. Qualitative – subjective requirements where personal opinion is required4. Quantitative - Measurable requirements
1. You should now be ready to write your evaluation criteria:Evaluation Criteria In order to develop a complete and working solution that meets the needs of my client I have set the following evaluation criteria. This criteria will support me in the development, testing and evaluation stages. Quantitative Qualitative All images on the site The website must be easy should load in less than to use 1 second The colours red, white No complex terminology and blue must be used should be used on the site