1. Would you rather be president of the United States orthe owner of a sports team? Explain. Thursday September 20, 2012 Bryan Jordan Donovan Ayanna Ricardo Emily Christy Jackeline Leslie Philicia Andrianete David Cindy Jessica Alexis Diana Samira Ixza Yamilee Jaileen Michael Kareena Jose Lilah Remy Carlos Jeffrey Leon Kathy Daeshawn Dariel Ericka Alejandra Edward
2. Morning WritingThe Equal Rights For Women Partywas formed on this day in 1884, toensure equal representation inPresidential elections. Theircandidate for President was Mrs.Belva Lockwood. The VicePresidential candidate wasMarietta Stow. Prompt: Why do you think women had to form their own party in order to nominate a female Presidential candidate? Do you think there will ever be a woman President of the U.S.? Why or why not?
3. Reading Davy Crockett Saves the World(p. 52)GenreA Tall Tale is a story about alargerthanlife character thatis so exaggerated you know itis not believable.Story StructurePlot and SettingAs you read, use your Plotand Setting Chart.
4. Plot Setting Halleys comet is hurling Near the Mississippi River toward America. almost 200 years ago.Davys decision to go to Eagle Eye peak. So highWashington means he you can see every state,will try and stop Halleys river, and mountain in acomet from hitting Earth. geography book.The ocean puts out thecomets fire and melts its The Atlantic Ocean andice. Davy gets rid of it an island.before it can grow backto its original size.
5. Class WorkThink and CompareAnswer questions 15 on page 71. Write thequestions in your notebook and answer usingcomplete sentences.
6. furious shocked angry
7. Davy CrockettDavid "Davy" Crockett (August 17, 1786 – March 6, 1836) wasa 19th century American folk hero, frontiersman, soldier andpolitician. He is commonly referred to in popular culture bythe epithet, "King of the Wild Frontier". He representedTennessee in the U.S. House of Representatives, served in theTexas Revolution, and died at the Battle of the Alamo.
8. Reading HomeworkSummarizeUse your Plot and Setting Chart to help yousummarize Davy Crockett Saves the World.When preparing your summary, be sure toinclude only important events andcharacters.
9. Math Compare Decimals (p. 49)
10. ones tenthssame
11. Independent Practiceexercise 319 on page 51 and 52
14. Class WorkSpelling Practice Book, page 11Writing ActivityIn your writing notebook. Use six spellingwords.
15. Spelling HomeworkStudy for exam tomorrow.
16. ELA Common and Proper Nouns (p. 94)RULESA common noun namesa person, place, thing, oridea.A proper noun names aparticular person, place, commonthing, or idea. Proper nounnouns begin with acapital letter. proper noun Abraham Lincoln Dallas Liberty Bell Renaissance
17. Guided PracticeDirections: Name the nouns in each sentence. Tellwhether each noun is common or proper.1. Our group is called the Big Pine Hiking Club.2. Mr. and Mrs. Wills sponsor our club.3. We planned a trip to Emerald Lake Park.4. On Thursday, we made a grocery list.5. Karen and Lydia prepared our sandwiches.
18. Language ArtsHomework"Extra Practice" on page 159 125
19. Religion We proclaim the Good News ofChrist by what we say and do (p. 34) Holy Spirit, help us to continue the work of Jesus.Class Work• Complete "We Gather" in your notebook.• Read pages 3435• Define Key Words• Write five facts about the chapter Homework 1. Why is it important for us to learn about Jesus and the Church? 2. What are some ways that we can give witness to Christ?
20. Scholastic Code JYYWZ
21. Homework Summary Thursday, September 20, 2012Reading• Use your Plot and Setting Chart to help you summarize Davy Crockett Saves the World. When preparing your summary, be sure to include only important events and characters.Math• "My Homework", page 5354Spelling• Study for exam tomorrowLanguage Arts• "Extra Practice", exercise 125 on page 159Religion1. Why is it important for us to learn about Jesus and the Church?2. What are some ways that we can give witness to Christ?D.E.A.R. Time• Bring a book to read.
22. Range: Mode:Median: Mean:Reward10 Pizza Party89 Wheel of Fun7 Spelling6 BrainPOP45 Silent Snack23 Class Work1 No Snack