1. Pretend that you can redecorate your best friendsbedroom any way you want. Describe what your newroom looks like Joey Linder Friday Johnny Cameron April 27, 2012 Andres Max Carlos Ricardo Alan G Angel David Brianna Adolfo Brian Emma Natalie Ramon Alan R Jose Nyashia Gia Matthew Christian Christopher Elizabeth Sualee Cincere Mitzy Roxana Massire Ryan Joshua
2. Morning WritingWould you ratherbe an ant at apicnic or a bee ina flower garden?Explain. Write neatly, skipping a line, and use looseleaf (lined) paper. Hand in once you are finished. The work will be graded.
3. Reading Spirit of Endurance (p. 518)GenreNonfiction gives informationand facts about real people,places, events, andsituations.Generate QuestionsProblem and SolutionsLook for actions or stepstaken to solve a problem. Asyou read, use your Problemand Solution Map
5. Reading Spirit of Endurance (p. 518) Problem Without a ship, the men must rescue themselves. Attempt Outcome They attempt crossing the ice to The men give up and make camp on reach Paulet Island. an ice floe, which starts to melt. Outcome Attempt The men make it to Elephant Island, Shackleton gives the order to launch but is is deserted. They still need to be the boats. rescued. Attempt Outcome Shackleton and others leave to find They land on the wrong side of the help on South Georgia Island. island and must hike across it. Solution Shackleton reaches the whaling station and returns to Elephant Island to take his crew home.
6. Reading Spirit of Endurance (p. 518)Comprehension CheckWrite a summary of Spirit of Endurance usingyour Problem and Solution Map. Be sure toidentify the major problems that Shackletonand his men faced, and explain how theysolved them.Think and CompareAnswer questions 15 on page 535.
7. Spelling Test
8. Highlight the CluesComprehension Activities
9. Math Egyptian Fractions (p. 294)The ancient Egyptianswrote numbers usingdifferent symbols thanthose we use today.100 10 1 A unit fraction has 1 as its numerator. Ancient Egyptians wrote all fractions as unit fractions. To show a fraction,The ancient Egyptians they used the symbol for awrote the number 215 mouth above thelike this: denominator.
11. numerator onesten
12. Math Egyptian Fractions (p. 294)The ancient Egyptians wrote 1/12 like this:Class WorkAnswer questions 116 onpage 294
14. Language Arts Prepositions (p. 428)RULESA preposition is a wordthat relates a noun orpronoun to anotherword in a sentence. This book about bicycles is Teds.
15. Language Arts Prepositions (p. 428)Some common prepositions include:• about • from • to• after • in • under• against • near • until• before • of • up• below • over • upon• by • on • with• during • past • without
16. Language Arts Prepositions (p. 428)Guided PracticeUnderline the preposition in each sentence.1. We drove into the park2. Our bicycles were in the cartrack.3. We stopped beside the biketrail.
17. Language Arts Prepositions (p. 428)Guided PracticeUnderline the preposition in each sentence.4. We followed the trail over a hill.5. The sun was shining through thetrees.6. Billy rode under a bridge.
18. Language Arts Prepositions (p. 428)Guided PracticeUnderline the preposition in each sentence.7. I followed behind him.8. Suddenly, he stopped by abrook.9. Near the water, we saw a deer.
19. Language Arts Prepositions (p. 428)Guided PracticeUnderline the preposition in each sentence.10. We watched quietly for a fewminutes.
20. Writing ActivityDescriptionWrite a description of a place that you haveexplored, such as a park or an attic.Describe what you felt as you began toexplore, as well as the stages of yourexploration. What did you hope todiscover? What did you learn?
21. Homework Summary Friday, April 27, 2012"No Homework Friday"Language Arts1. Study for quizHave a great weekend!
22. 9 Reward 10 89 7 6 Pizza Party Wheel of Fun Spelling BrainPOP 45 Class Work 23 Silent Snack 1 No Snack