1. November 27, 2012What do you like most about the month of November?Least? Explain. Tuesday November 27, 2012 Bryan Ayanna Donovan Leslie Samira Adrianette Alexis Christy Ixza Kathy Jordan Jessica Lilah Ricardo Jose Michael Remy Emily Jaileen Philicia Diana Kareena Alejandra David Carlos Edward LeonJeffrey Yamilee
2. November 27, 2012Morning WorkDO NOW:Write the x6Times Table tentimes.
3. November 27, 2012
4. November 27, 2012Reading ­ The Right to Vote (p. 290)Talk About ItWhy should peoplevote? Why do you thinkit took women so longto win the vote in theUnited States? Picture Prompt ­ Look at the picture and respond in writing.
5. November 27, 2012To submit is to give in to someones power.A representative is a person chosen tospeak for others.Qualify means to make or become fit for acertain kind of work.If you postpone something, you delay it.
6. November 27, 2012A legislature is a group of people electedto make or change laws.Something that is satisfactory is goodenough but not outstanding.An attorney acts for another person in legalmatters.A colonel is a rank of military officer.
7. November 27, 2012Reading ­ Your Vote Your Voice (p. 292)DictionaryA Dictionary entry includesinformation about pronunciationin parentheses near thedefinition.The word is separated into U.S. Capitol Building in Washington, D.C.syllables with symbols to show dictionary entryhow to sound it out. Forexample, colonel is pronounced(kurnl). To figure out the symbols,look for the pronunciation key inthe front of the dictionary.
8. November 27, 2012herb
9. November 27, 2012
10. November 27, 2012
11. November 27, 2012Facts Opinions
12. November 27, 2012Math ­ Power Practice / Homework ReviewDO NOW:• Complete the Multiplication Record Sheet.• Go over homework.
13. November 27, 2012Math ­ Division Patterns (p. 175)Math in My WorldExample 1A monarch butterfly can fly 240miles in 3 days. Suppose it fliesthe same distance each day.How many miles can it fly eachday? Answer: The butterfly can fly 80 miles each day. ESSENTIAL QUESTION What strategies can be used to divide whole numbers?
14. November 27, 2012Math ­ Check My Progress (p. 181)Class WorkComplete pages 181 and182.Homework"Check My Progress"handout ESSENTIAL QUESTION What strategies can be used to divide whole numbers?
22. November 27, 2012 instant orphangrasslandreckless addresslandlord footprint improvehilltop dolphinhandsomecockpit pilgrimfiddler although concrete fairground district
23. November 27, 2012Social Studies ­ The Middle Colonies (p. 186)Class Work• Read pages 186­191• Define Vocabulary words• Write five facts about the chapter Homework 1. How did the English gain New Netherland? 2. Who was William Penn?
24. November 27, 2012Homework Summary for Tuesday November 27, 2012MathHandoutSpellingPractice book, page 80Social Studies1. How did the English gain New Netherland?2. Who was William Penn?
25. November 27, 2012 Range: Mode:Median: Mean:Reward10 Pizza Party8­9 Wheel of Fun7 BrainPOP6 Silent Reading4­5 Silent Snack2­3 Class Work1 No Snack