Why I decorated the cover the way I did
• I put the pyramid on because that is the main goal of Sadie
and Carter to get to the pyramid and save their father
• I put the Khopesh , an ancient sword, because that is the main
weapon that Carter uses throughout the story
• I also put the ivory wand because it is Sadie's main weapon
throughout the story
• The Rosetta Stone is destroyed on accident by Sadie’s and
Carter’s father. He was attempting to bring one god out of the
Rosetta Stone. He was trying to do this to bring back their
mother by bargaining with Osiris. But when he tried he
accidently released all five gods trapped in the stone. The
gods were Osiris, Set, Horus, Isis, and Nephthys. Set right
away, before their father can react, banishes their father to
• I have a picture of the Rosetta Stone because it starts the
conflict in the story.
• One of the major rising actions of the story is when Sadie and
Carter find out they are really wizards. That explains how he
released five gods from the Rosetta Stone. It ties into the
story majorly because Carter and Sadie get into quite a few
• I have a picture of the book cover because it shows them
fighting a large serpent with magic.
• The climax of the story is when they find out they need to
save their father from being destroyed at the red pyramid. He
would be destroyed as an offering to bring Set back to life.
They must stop Set and his army with little help.
• I have a picture of a coffin to show what Set kept their father
• One of the major falling action in the story is when Carter and
Sadie come to the Red Pyramid. They confront Set and with
the help of the gods they are unsure of themselves. After a
long battle they defeat Set.
• My picture shows Set, the god of Chaos, ready for battle.
You may have won this
time but I will be back!
• The resolution of the story is when Sadie and Carter reclaim
their father. They must escape the pyramid before it collapses
on them. They just make it out with their father. They return
home until they are needed again.
• My picture is of happy family. It stands for how happy Carter
and Sadie were when they saved their father.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.