• Knowing how RSS works
• Recognising feed presence in web sites
• Providing contents using RSS
• Using a RSS reader
• registering in an online reader
• subscribing to interesting feeds
• feeds managing
more than 70 mill blogs
more than 1.3 mill posts per day
more than 54.000 posts per hour
and postcasts, photograhpies, videos...
(Octavio Rojas. Web 2.0. Manual (no oﬁcial) de uso)
How can we
pay attention to
favourite sites updates?
What is RSS?
• Really Simple Syndication
• Subscription to dynamic contents
• Push technology:
information came to us
How does it work?
• When an article is published, the RSS
captures the changes
• Periodically, a reader checks for updates in
the subscribed feeds
RSS in plain english
What is a feed?
• similar to bookmarks
• an XML ﬁle
• automatically updated when web site