1. iPads and B-PodsWednesday 6th March 2013Fun and Achieve!
2. B-PodsFun and Achieve!2 Options:Individual Questioning – Last MeetingYes/No – True/False – Number – TextSelf Paced – The Real Power!Allows children to work at their own pace, throughdifferentiated questions, whilst instant feedback isgiven to the teacher.
3. Step-by-step1. Open ActivInspire2. Close the Dashboard Box3. Click ‘Insert’ then ‘Questions’4. Decide which type of questions you would likee.g Number, Text, Multiple Choice.Let’s focus on 4 rules work today! – So click ‘numeric’5. Type in the question6. Press tab7. Type in the answer8. Double click the next question....... AND OFF YOU GO!!!!!9. Levelling the questionsRemember – there is no marking!
4. iPads – Temple RunFun and Achieve!Have a play on your iPads –Using this app, what curriculumopportunities could you create?
5. Examples:Website on /ttt blogCreating WordBanks anddescriptivesentences usingtemple run.
6. Examples:Combining ‘SlowWriting’ techniqueand Temple Run AppThe children used slow writing to write their paragraphs.The children tried really hard to think about how theywrote just as much as what they wrote. Their ruleswere:Sentence 1 – Must contain a connective.Sentence 2 – Must have three adjectives.Sentence 3 – Must use alliteration.Sentence 4 – Must appeal to the sensesSentence 5 – Can only be three wordsSentence 6 – Must start with an adverb.Eventually, I saw the light at the mouth of the temple. I was running for my life through the dark, murky,misty forest. I dodged and darted swiftly around the corners. The smell of the dead gagging animalsmade me feel sick. Just don’t stop! Desperately, I was out of breath but I had to keep runningotherwise I wouldn’t be alive.Eventually I saw the sparkling light off the idol’s ancient temple’s mouth. I had found the fantastic,amazing majestic shiny idol and I got even though it wasn’t easy. Evil demons chased me and I jumpedover towering trees everywhere. The sweat trickled down my body. Just don’t stop. Nervously, a cliffcame, so I sprinted and I jumped.Suddenly I saw a little glimmer of light at the start of the temple, then I heard a sound. I knew I had torun as fast as possible before the demon evil monkeys tried to rip me bits. As I ran I had to jump over araging fire and then I had to skid under towering trees. I smelt a horrifying smell from the swamp a fewmetres away. Don’t give up! Slowly, the monkeys strode away.
7. Examples:Bike Baron during Intervention with Janet Creating word banks using Epic CitadelUsing Epic Citadel as a focus for the 100 Word Challenge
8. Now think about other apps...Try it with a group in your class?Or use during intervention?We are looking into every class being able to use these apps during wholeclass teaching through linking to the Smartboard!Any Questions?