Yard Sign (14%)
Home Builder (6%) 14%
Knew Seller (2%)
Flyer/House Book (1%)
Print Media (.87%)
Source: 2009 NAR Profile of Buyer and Sellers
Agent Info (3%)
Company Info (5%)
Area Information (21%)
45% of Leads will turn into a sale for someone
Only 10% will become a sale in 90 Days
22-25% will convert to a sale in 180 days
The average on-line buyer needs to be incubated
for six months to a year.
The older the Lead the less competition.
• NAR Statistics (2009) On-Line Consumers
–34% are between 25-34 years of age
–65% are Married
–17% are Single Females
–8% are Single Males
–Median income is $70,700 per year
Hackers: Heroes of the Computer Revolution
Steven Levy - 1984
• Access to computers—and anything which might
teach you something about the way the world
works—should be unlimited and total.
• Always yield to the Hands-on Imperative!
• All information should be free.
• Mistrust authority—promote decentralization.
• Hackers should be judged by their hacking, not
bogus criteria such as degrees, age, race or
• You can create art and beauty on a computer.
• Computers can change your life for the better.
IT’S A FUNDAMENTAL SHIFT IN
THE WAY WE COMMUNICATE.
What is Social Media?
Social Media ...with other
is people on
people talking... the internet.
Officially, social media is “an
umbrella term that defines the
various activities that integrate
technology, social interaction,
and the construction of words,
pictures, videos, and audio.”
“IN 2009, IF YOU’RE NOT ON A SOCIAL
NETWORKING SITE, YOU’RE NOT ON THE
• Get the Client’s Information
• Make Disclosures
• Send just enough information…
• Call and Introduce yourself and Services
• Arrange Meeting
• Continue Communicating via Client’s
• Must have legitimate return e-mail address
• Clear and Conspicuous notice of the recipients
opportunity to “opt-out”
• Clear and Conspicuous notice of Solicitation
• E-mail is to be used for:
• Responses to Inquires
• Contact Clients and firms involved in
• Remain in contact with former client
• Promote Property Listings
Virginia Code 18VAC135-20-190
“Advertising” means all forms of representation, promotion and
solicitation disseminated in any manner and by any means of
communication to consumers for any purpose related to
licensed real estate activity.
1. Firm’s name, city and state of office
2. Licensee’s Name
3. License Status
4. Jurisdiction(s) Licensed
• Agents name and licensed status must be
disclosed on all solicitations or
business related pages and e-mails.
• Brokerage Name and address must
appear on all webpages in the first
• Both must disclose all the locations in
which they hold a license.
• Cannot show listings “For Sale” if they
are under contract or sold.
• NAR Rule – “REALTOR” cannot be used
with any adjectives