2. Working in a rapidly changing globalized environment, we have to deal with people who speak different languages and live by different customs and values. 6/25/2010 www.commlabindia.com
3. As a manager, you will have to vary your managerial style to suit each individual’s needs and find common ground to cope with issues across cultural boundaries. 6/25/2010
4. Some of the challenges faced are… 6/25/2010
5. Cultural differences. 6/25/2010
6. Lack of proper communication. 6/25/2010 www.commlabindia.com
7. Difference of communication styles, working styles and quality of work.
8. Difference in time zones .
9. Cultural differences at the work place are taking priority. 6/25/2010
10. How do you as a manager, manage multi-cultural teams? Many successful managers use four-point strategies to tackle problems related to multicultural team management. They are: www.commlabindia.com
12. Physical intervention 6/25/2010
13. Administrative involvement 6/25/2010
14. Exit 6/25/2010 www.commlabindia.com
15. Just as every person is unique , so too is every culture. It allows us to share a richness of experience if we can allow ourselves to be open to it.
16. The most commonly used methods to deal with multi-cultural teams are…
17. Communicate goals/objectives openly and clearly. 6/25/2010
18. Identify conflicting areas of interest and practices for each culture. 6/25/2010
19. Coordinate cross-culture training sessions. www.commlabindia.com
20. Focus on connecting corporate strategy with brand strategy for clients.
21. Recognize any progress and provide positive feedback. 6/25/2010 www.commlabindia.com
22. Treat individuals as individuals. 6/25/2010
23. Trust and Motivation.
24. If your male employees are from a culture where they consider women not their equals, don't put them on a co-gender team. 6/25/2010
25. Give people a chance to participate in discussions and debates. 6/25/2010
26. Working with a cross-cultural team is significantly challenging as the manager must develop strategies to cope not only with differences but also motivate the team to be productive and efficient. www.commlabindia.com
27. Despite the challenges, there are advantages too, such as…
28. People from different cultures bring with them an array of creative and innovative experiences and ideas.
29. Multi-cultural teams have the advantage of 24-hour work rotations.
30. Offices across various geographical locations. www.commlabindia.com
31. A multi-cultural team has the potential to address various business issues.
32. “ Culturally, it's a good thing because neighborhoods become multicultural and we get to understand each other a little better. “ - Clarence Boykin’s