1. MedlinePlusTrusted Health Information for You A Warner Memorial Library Presentation Eastern University, St. Davids, PA
2. with Mark D. PuterbaughInformation Services Librarian firstname.lastname@example.org 610-341-1461
3. Health Topics Start here for over 900 topics on conditions, diseases and wellness.Look to MedlinePlus for accurate Choose the “Health Topics” link consumer heath to view the listings of available Information. health information.
4. Choosing “Children and Teenagers” under “Demographic Groups”reveals a listing of resources for that age group.
5. Looking through the list we choose“Asthma in Children”.
6. Following the link leads usto additionalinformation.
7. Following links under“Disease Management” reveals someinformation that can help parents and others dealing with asthmatic children.
8. Another link brings upinformation fromthe Mayo Clinic.
9. We can also usethe simplesearch form to locateinformation through Medline Plus
10. The results display general informationconcerning asthma and additional links of information on the Web.
11. Here we find a resourcefrom the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). This resource is a help for children and caregivers discussing triggers responsible for asthma attacks.
12. We have added “Children”to focus the search.
13. There is a link that provides an articlefrom The Journal of the AmericanMedical Association (JAMA).
14. Adding “school” to our search returns a new list focused on asthmatic children in school, leading to more excellent resources.