Unique Customer Service Approach
”The Elite Business Development Networking Brokerage
UCSA International Inc. is a Small, Hispanic Woman Owned Business
The information in this document is UCSA International Inc. Confidential and Proprietary, and is intended
solely for the addressee(s). You may use and apply the information for the intended purpose only and
should not copy or disclose its content to others.
• Second Life was created in 2003 by Linden Research Inc.
– It is a FREE downloadable client program
– Users are referred to as "Residents" who interact through motional avatars.
– A 3D Virtual modeling tool that fosters creativity and facilitates collaborative
– Second Life's world (called "the grid") is divided into 256x256m areas of
land, called Regions or Islands or Sims (short for "Simulators"). Each
Region is simulated by a single server
• As of August 2009 – currently there are 16,331,131 resident accounts
(1,378,127 in the last 60 days)
• Second Life uses an internal currency called the "Linden Dollar" (L$).
$50M in user-to-user transactions are traded nearly every month
• In 2008, Second Life was honored at the 59th Annual Technology &
Engineering Emmy Awards for advancing the development of online
sites with user-generated content.
User to User Transactions – Store facing USD to $L traded on the market
and virtual goods purchased
Designed By UCSA
UCSA designs Avatars in your likeness or
one of your dreams!
Sustain Key Business Principles Through Second Life®
Q&A and Feedback Sessions
Conduct Live Presentations and Interactive Simulations
Provide Second Life ®cutting‐edge technology
Support and achieve performance and service objectives
Provide integrated interactive service to customers
Increase operational effectiveness
Provide an effective, efficient and economical option for business and
FREE downloadable software
Improve customer understanding of your organization
UCSA SIM SOLUTIONS
As a premier solution provider for Linden Labs in Second Life and working as a liaison we
provide customer feedback and requirements to them as well as providing our customers with
the updated information and new enhancements. Here are a few benefits to using Second Life
within your organization.
THE UCSA LIBRARY
The Library has been established as a venue to provide a place to access new reading
material such as; white papers, books, magazines. Discuss with the material right at
your fingertips! Books can be copied for transport and protected through encryption!
Perfect for bookclubs, social networking We can distribute magazines, white papers,
groups, discussion groups or personal Books, newsletters, periodicals, and any other
reading! printed source to your groups!
THE UCSA Library Bookstore
UCSA has established an agreement with Amazon.com with links to purchase reading
material directly from them. You can also reserve our library for “Book Signing
Receptions” and order books directly from the author’s website
Interfacing any website is as easy as a click of the
Our Boardrooms has been established as a venue to provide a virtual meeting place.
Your company will save money on travel costs while providing a mechanism for your
teams to meet. As many companies have national and global representation our
boardroom makes it easy for you to meet in a multi-dimensional location.
Meet with up to twelve co‐workers with
video, PowerPoint, podcasting and typed chat Secured access, privacy settings, and
recording! concierge services included!
THE CONFERENCE CENTER
The Conference Center has been established as a venue to facilitate presentations and large
meetings. Your company will save money on travel costs while providing your employees with the
ability to virtually attend, learn and implement best practices all within one virtual room. Attendees
can even take a presentation with them, without exposing your slide graphics or notes!
Dynamic PowerPoint demonstrations, RSS feeds, UCSA offers each presenter easy to use
website integration, question handling, crowd controls for room presentations. Sequence
control and much more! slides with a click of a button.
Large Screen Theater
UCSA Network Portal offers a large screen movie theater to house your next video presentation,
movie gathering, or multi-media showcase! Capable of housing 45 Avatars, our Theater can easily
be used as a stage or movie theater!
THE VENDOR SHOWCASE
The Vendor Showcase has been established as a venue to showcase products and
services. The middle booth is reserved for our Monthly Featured Presenters (company
and topic information).
Interface with your customers and visitors Featured presentations and vending spaces
through kiosks built with informative provide customers important information
presentations and videos! about your business.
THE TRAINING CENTER
The Training Center has been established as a venue to provide virtual training. Your company will
save money on travel costs while providing expert training to your customers and your internal
employees such as; computer certification programs, software systems, new employee orientation
and refresher training
Training rooms come with polling facilities, Provide students means for secured sign‐on
videos, podcasts, PowerPoint presentations and connections, take away materials, one on one
so much more! tutoring, or group consultations!
Orientation Training - Familiarizes the user with the Second Life client and is
conducted in Second Life “In-World”. Shave weeks off the learning curve with this 2 ½
hour, fun and interactive training.
SIM Maintenance Training – This SIM Maintenance course is offered to UCSA
customers who have purchased designs from us. This course is designed to teach a
small team on how to operate the various builds found upon your SIM.
UCSA Control Room
•Real‐time protection and remote monitoring of secured areas
•Authorization Lists any sqm boxed area
•Group or individual setting within secured areas
•Remote and non‐intrusive security features to remove threats appropriately
• AO - animation overrider. A script that can be purchased in Second Life for use by an
avatar to substitute more lifelike walks and poses for the default animations.
• AV, avatar, Avie - a character in Second Life, usually referred to as a person or a
resident. A new resident is a newbie.
• Chat - words typed in chat or voice chat
• Grid - the basic structure underneath all of the Second Life world. The grid is subdivided
into thousands of regions simulating physical surface geography.
• Help Island - A tutorial area in Second Life. Another is Orientation Island. Help Island (HI)
allows activities to be selected and is not mandatory.
• Instant message, IM - a private one-to-one message sent to a specific person who need
not be at your current location.
• Lindens, Linden dollars, L$ - SL money that has a fluctuating exchange rate like any
other currency. The virtual currency can be traded for US$ or US$ can be used to buy L$.
• LSL - Linden Scripting Language used to program objects in SL.
• Newbie, Noob - new resident of second life.
• Orientation Island - the tutorial area where all new Second Life users start out. Unlike
Help Island, Orientation Island (OI) is directed and mandatory.
• Preferences - a set of configurable usage parameters for the SL viewer. They are used to
control how the viewer looks, sounds and feels to the user.
• Prims, Primitives - the raw objects from which everything in SL is constructed.
Linden lab provides these so anyone can build. Every object, clothes, houses,
furniture, cars, plants, etc. are created from prims by the people who use SL. All things
are created from these basic building blocks.
• Region - a simulation, as in a virtual region of the Second Life world that simulates a
• Resident - an avatar or character in Second Life. A new resident is a newbie.
• Rez, Rezz - refers to the sharpening of the image seen on the computer monitor
screen. – Resonate
• Second Life, SL - the 3-D virtual world published and maintained on the Internet by
Linden Research Inc. (a.k.a. Linden Lab)
• Second Life Time, SLT - the same as Pacific Time in California because Linden Lab
as headquarters are in San Francisco
• Sim - simulation, as in a virtual region of the Second Life world that simulates a
physical environment. A sim, also called a region, is an area hosted by a single server
• SLURL - short for Second Life URL, a web address for a place on the virtual world
Second Life. URL is an acronym for Uniform Resource Locator, the address of a page
on the Internet.
• Teleport, TP - a main method of moving around SL. It is an instantaneous transport
from one set of coordinates to another. Teleporting is not the same as flying
To schedule a personal demonstration of our
capabilities, products, and services please
contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit us at http://www.ucsaintl.com
Unique Customer Service Approach International
A Small, Hispanic Woman Owned Business