DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF i-BOT Project Done By, RAMSUNDAR K G SUFIAN K A II Year, ECE KUMARAGURU COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
ROBOTS Today’s world is full of technology with every sector equipped with automated systems. Robots have a wide range of application in this automated world. Our Robot is a prototype of a 3 wheeled bot, with voice recognition control and object recognition and following as its key features.
(1) BASE STATION 2. TRANSMITTER The control signals from the computer are transmitted to the robot using wireless RF channel. The frequency of the channel used in our design is 434 Mhz transmitter. It has a range of about 200 ft which is appropriate for a small work space.
(2) ROBOT 1. RECEIVER The RF receiver is tuned to match the frequency of the transmitter, and this receives the data from the base. The received signals are fed to the controlling unit.
(2) ROBOT 2. CONTROL UNIT The microcontroller AT89c51 is made as the controlling unit for the robot. It is programmed to receive the data from base and control the motors accordingly. It is also responsible for detecting obstacles and move accordingly.
(2) ROBOT 3. MOTORS AND H-BRIDGE There are two 12v DC motors at the rear for movement of the bot. These motors are controlled using the H Bridge IC L293D.
(2) ROBOT 3. SENSORRS, SPEAKERS & DISPLAY There is a GPS module ( from Mobile Phone ) that can receive the GPS position. This can accurately detect the position of the bot, and these data are sent to the Laptop for further processing. The bot can produce some predefined sounds and words, as transmitted by the base.
(2) ROBOT 4. WIRELESS CAMERA The robot is equipped with an eye, a Wireless Bluetooth Camera. This captures the images in front of it and sends to the base.
FUNCTIONS: 1. VOICE RECOGNITION The bot can be controlled using voice controlling. This can be done using the windows speech recognition facility. 2. GPS LOCATION NAVIGATION The base receives the GPS data from the bot and can be used to navigate the bot to desired GPS waypoint.
FUNCTIONS: 3. IMAGE PROCESSING AND OBJECT RECOGNITION Using labview IMAQ functions image processing and object detection are implemented. The bot can identify an particular object, and also follow it.