1. In 1920 Vladimir Propp was a Russiancritic. His theory was that whatever the surfacedifference between stories and fairytales they all share the same structure He even categorised his picture of 8main character roles.
2. The villain – usually challenges the hero The hero- he/she is like the saviour, they also seek something The donor – provides the hero with an magical object.Example would be The chronicles of Narnia when Santaclause gives the each of the 4 children a gift such as thesword and the magic potion. The helper – usually helps the hero for example Robin helpsBatman The princess – this is normally the reward for the hero or whothe hero has to save Her father – in some films the princess has a father who wouldreward the person who saves his daughter The dispatcher – this is the person who sends the hero on hisway. He would normally give the hero the task. The false hero – this would be the person trying to steal thehero job
3. Propp theory of the 8 main characterrole plays a part in many films. The wayhis plays in my film is I have a villainwhich is the ghost. I have the hero whois trying to ask the little girl what ishappening and what is the secret. wealso have a princess which is the little girlas she is the girl the older sister is trying tosave.
4. An anthropologist, he has studied howprimitive society is functioned. He believes that primitive societies andadvanced societies share similarelements.
5. This theory believes that all films havefights but to come back to ‘normality’. Something happens such as an fight butthe rest of the film is them trying to getback to normality or equilibrium.
6. Equilibrium Disruption (Disequilibrium)Recognition OfDisruptionAttempt To Try FightAnd Fix DisruptionNew Equilibrium is Formed or oldone is reformed