A chance to make a
Mentor an Entrepreneur.
The Mowgli Foundation is a not for profit mentoring
organisation set up to make a difference to entrepreneurs,
through the power of mentoring.
By providing entrepreneurs with a relationship that inspires,
supports and empowers them in achieving their business
and personal potential, we hope to promote job creation
and economic stability.
Year long mentoring programme to help
entrepreneurs build successful and
sustainable businesses in the North West of
The Mowgli Foundation are recruiting entrepreneurs
and mentors to participate in a pilot entrepreneur
mentoring programme taking place in the Greater
Manchester area in November 2010.
“I fully endorse Mowgli’s ambitions to
empower entrepreneurs. Initiatives that
allow people to help themselves and
fulfil their potential are exactly what
mentoring is all about.”
Professor David Clutterback, Clutterback Associates, Leading
authority on mentoring & leadership
How does Mowgli Mentoring work?
• Mowgli recruit entrepreneurs and mentors for each
• The mentors undertake a 4-day introductory programme. They
are joined by the mentees on the 3rd & 4th day during which
time the mentees and mentors are matched
• Mentees and mentors agree a framework by which they will
operate for the remainder of the year long programme
• Mentoring relationship commences and is supported by
Mowgli for one year
• Mowgli mentees and mentors may chose to continue the
mentoring relationship thereafter
Why are Mowgli running a pilot in the Greater
• As a major business, commercial and social enterprise centre,
Manchester is home to a third of the UK’s FTSE 100 companies
and has various infrastructure in place to support the SME
community, which we believe Mowgli will compliment
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the
service of others”
What do Mowgli Mentors gain from the experience?
• Experience the satisfaction that comes from making a
difference to others
• Develop a new skill set to complement consultancy &
• Nurture & deepen existing competencies
• Develop greater leadership capability
• Develop active listening and greater emotional intelligence
Am I eligible to apply to become a mentor?
• We recruit mentors with a minimum 5 years senior level
experience either as an entrepreneur or in the corporate
• You must be committed to attending the introductory
programme in November plus a minimum 2 hours per month
with your mentee
• We look to recruit mentors who believe that personal growth is
achieved through contributing to others
How do Mowgli entrepreneurs benefit from the
• Receive support during key transitions and decisions in growing
• Increase self confidence in your ability to take your business to
the next level
• Learn new skills from your mentor and your mentee ‘class’
• Learn about yourself and broaden your perspective
• Build contacts with a broad array of like minded professionals
Who will mentor me?
• Our mentors have a minimum 5 years senior level experience
either as an entrepreneur or in the corporate sector
• They are recruited from a range of industries
• They have a successful professional track record
• They are highly committed individuals who believe that
personal growth is achieved through contributing to others
Am I eligible?
• Have you been trading for at least a year and are a small to
medium sized business?
• Do you have the vision, drive and perseverance to make your
business a success?
• Is your business based in the North West of England?
• Are you able to commit to the programme for a year (minimum
2 hours per month plus the initial 2-day programme)?
If you can answer yes to the above then you are eligible for the
Mowgli mentoring programme.
How to get involved:
Join Mowgli on Linked In, Facebook or Twitter, or register for
our monthly newsletter through our website
Make a donation...
Visit our website to find out JustGiving page
Become a Mentee...
If you would like to apply to become a mentee on this
programme, please contact Alicja Turner at
Become a Mentor...
If you would like to apply to become a mentor on this
programme, please contact Alicja Turner at
Mowgli are seeking corporate sponsorship and / or funded
mentors from corporate organisations, for this programme,
please contact Amanda Edwards at
Volunteer your time...
Mowgli have a variety of volunteer opportunities, please
contact Amanda Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about Mowgli by visiting our website: