2. Participate (v): take part or play in a match or a competition :
3. Attempt (v): try e.g: The striker attempted to move forward, but the defense player grabbed his shirt .
4. Compile (v): to collect some information and put them together in a book or a report
5. Host : a person or a country that invites guests
6. Grant (v): give
7. Qualify for (v): to go on to the next stage of a competition because you are successful in it
1. Ahmad was ________ a prize for being the best student in the class. The principal gave it to him. 2. The world cup is a _________________ competition. It takes place every four years. 3 . South Africa will get automatic qualification for the next World Cup because it is the __________________ of the championship. The matches will be played on its land. . host quadrennial granted ( host, granted, quadrennial, participate, compiled, qualify for, attempted )
4. I ____________ to do the exercise, but it's too difficult. I really tried my best. 5. If Saudi Arabia defeats Oman, it will _________ ______ the World Cup 2014 and be among the teams who will play in the championship. . 6 . We lost the match because our best players didn’t _______ in the match. They were injured. attempted participate compiled ( host, granted, quadrennial, participate, compiled, qualify for, attempted ) qualify for 7 . Our teacher isn’t the author of this book; he ________ it after reading many books. .