1. Dribble (v): kicking or tapping a ball in order to move it / to move a ball along using small repeated movements of the foot, the hand, or a stick
* to take the ball away from the player you're playing against.
.* attempt to stop opponent's progress: in football, field hockey, and some other games, a physical challenge against
an opposing player who has the ball, puck, or other object of possession.
A tackle is made by seizing and forcing the opponent to
the ground in football, by using the foot in soccer, and with the stick in field hockey
three goals scored by the same
player in one match of soccer
4. Tournament: a sport competition
5. get together : (v) meet
6. Striker (n): a player who mainly attacks and scores goals
7. Penalty spot (n): a spot in the soccer field from which penalty kicks are taken.
8. Opponent (n): someone that you play against
Sport teams should do their best when the
2. I feel lonely, so I really like it when my friends and I ______________. 3. All Manchester players felt awful when the referee pointed towards the ______________. Rarely can any goalkeeper protect his nets from such strong kicks. 4.What is so special about my favorite player is the way he ____________ the ball when he’s in the middle of the playground, and also the strong and manly way he _____________ it when he’s a defense player. tournament get together penalty spot dribbles tackles
5. Ronaldinho was nominated as the best _____________ in the world this year. He scored 25 awesome goals. 6.It is never easy for any player to get a ________________ in a world cup match. 7.Good defense players shouldn’t give their ______________ any chance to score. striker hat -trick opponents