2. HOW EFFECTIVE IS THE COMBINATIONOF YOUR MAIN PRODUCT AND YOURANCILLARY TASKS(THE POSTER AND REVIEW)?B Y M O U R A D H E L - G H A Z I L I
INTRODUCTIONI believe that my combination of my main product and the ancillary taskswere very effective.I believe this because I was able to establish effective links between mythree main products through the iconography. How I managed to link allmy three products together can be seen on the following slides.
1. POSTERFirstly, I used the same font from my short film in my film poster.I did this so that I could link the iconography and visual codes from my shortfilm in the poster. By doing this, I able to distinguish the link between bothof my products. Also, the poster is important as it’s purpose is to convincepeople to go and watch my short film, signifying why it is important to linkthe iconography between the 2 products.
1. POSTERSecondly, I made sure that the characters in my film appeared on the filmposter.I did this again so that I could link the iconographybetween my poster and my short film. I believe thatby establishing this link that people will want to goand watch my short film as it clearly displays thevisual codes in both of my products.
1. POSTERThirdly, I made sure that the weapon used by the antagonist in my shortfilm also appeared on the poster.Again, I did this so that I could link the iconography between my poster and myshort film as the weapon is a sign and signifier of the genre of my shortfilm, clearly distinguishing the codes and conventions. I believe that byincluding the weapon on my film poster, I have managed to distinguish andlink the codes and conventions between my products.
2. FILM REVIEWFirstly, I have managed to establish an effective link of the codes andconventions between my poster and article as the main image I haveused for my article is the poster, re-edited accordingly to represent thetraditional codes and conventions of a film review article.By linking the iconography of my two products, I was able to establish an effective linkto my short film as it displays its codes and conventions.
2. FILM REVIEWSecondly, I have used key stills from my short film and placed them withinmy article.By using still images from my short film within my film article, I believe that I have beenable to effective like the iconography of my article to my short film. Also, the imageshelp to distinguish the codes and conventions of my short film, establishing astronger link between this product and my film.
CONCLUSIONIn conclusion, I believe that I have effectivelylinked my main product to the ancillarytasks as I have distinguished the maincodes and conventions in my mainproduct, through my film poster and review. The poster and review also clearlydisplays the iconography featured in myshort film, linking all of the 3 productstogether.