mountain.TRIP mountain sustainability: Transforming Research Into PracticePRACTITIONERS’ CONSULTATION WORKSHOP, 9 NOVEMBER 2010Summary of the working group sessions on: Quality mountain food products in Romania 2009‐2011 | FP7 | Coordination and Support Action Knowledge Transfer and uptake of EU research results
Presentation of results1.General feedback on information strategy•Content of the EuroMARC project is relevant and highly needed in Romania (no time and resources for local initiatives in this respect)•Information products have to be adapted for the specified target groups: (1). supply and marketing chain (2). policy makers (see specific slides)• the communication goals of the information products address existing issues and are relevant for Romanian stakeholders•The proposed formats are useful but have to be complemented by direct contacts in order to increase awareness and interest
1. General feedback on information strategy (continued)• Proposed dissemination channels are useful and further channels were suggested (eg. Viata Satului TV programme, direct contact with central policy makers in Bucharest, web‐ platform for marketing chain)• Target group: the main target group should be the supply chain but there is a need to involve policy makers as controllers of money and regulations; it was recognised that intermediaries (see slide 4) should be used to facilitate access to and buy‐in from the supply chain participants
Revised mountain.TRIP products for supply chain and policy makers(1)A set of information brochures for the supply and marketing chain, to be provided to participants after a face‐to‐face meeting or training event; workshop for intermediaries in Romania (2011)(2)Briefing for policymakers: one information brochure targeted at policy‐makers at national level to act as a backup support for the regional level
(1) Information products for marketing and supply chain• Challenges in Romania: • farmers are not aware of existing funding • hygene regulations are a challenge and constraint for the marketing chain • state advisory services are often very weak so that NGO’s play an important role in advisory and marketing processes• Opportunities: • Involvement of SLOW FOOD, NGO’s, ADEPT foundation, Traditional Food Agency (Brasov) • Continuous support through LEADER action groups or other local initiatives
• Improvements to the suggested information product for the supply and marketing chain: • Format: Information presented in a set of short brochures (bite‐size chunks) focussed on production stage, processing stage, marketing • Content: value of best practice examples (other practitioners’ experiences), added value of live‐presentations (e.g. hard cheese) • Channels: YouTube videos can be useful in marketing quality food products and tourism • Brochures should be backed up with further online information. Potential future developments: a marketing website for producers
(2) Information products for policy makers• Challenges in Romania: • Romanian system is still very hierarchical and support from the national (and to some extent regional) level is required• Opportunities: • Involvement of policy makers as controllers of funding and regulations • Provision of information and guidelines
• Improvements to the suggested information product for the policy makers: • Format: Information presented in a single brochure and baked up by on‐line information • Content: the brochure will present the policy‐guidelines from the EuroMARC project but will also reffer to specifc parts of EC policy documents for further references and extra support as a long term solution. • Channels: distributed through direct contacts in Bucharest and on the mountain.TRIP portal, advertised in Newsletters
Suggestions for the mountain.TRIP workshop 2011 – Romania
Presentation of resultsThank you for your active participation, feedback and involvement! Martin Price and Catalina Munteanu Centre for Mountain Studies Perth College UHI Scotland firstname.lastname@example.org
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.