2. Romanticism Artistic, literary, and intellectual movement. Europe at the end of the eighteenth century . Reaction to the Industrial Revolution and the rationalization of the century before.
3. Began in Germany. Proto-romantic movement calledSTURM UND DRANG (Storm and stress)
4. Characteristics of the romantic literature French Revolution. Expression of feelings, including terror. Against rules. Individualism and isolation of poets. Escape from the reality: Evocation of the past: ancient and medieval history. Wild nature, exotic places. Supernatural.
5. Characteristics of the romantic literature Nationalism: development of the national languages. Folklore, local customs and traditions. Marginalized elements of the society.
6. Romantic authors in Britain and SpainJohn Keats Percy Shelley
7. Romantic authors in Britain and SpainMary Shelley Charlotte & Emily Bronte
8. Romantic authors in Britain and SpainMariano José Gustavo A.De Larra Bécquer
9. Romantic authors in Britain and Spain Rosalía de Castro
10. Romantic authors in Britain and SpainLord Byron, George Gordon1788-1824