1. Aftermath: Jewish Communities BY: Ayah Alshantir & Shae Graham
2. The people
3. The people Eight thousand Jews have been deported to Poland.
4. The people Eight thousand Jews have been deported to Poland. 12,000 are deported everyday
5. The people Eight thousand Jews have been deported to Poland. 12,000 are deported everyday Some people escaped through illegal or illegal immigration.
6. ............................................. ...... During the month-long battle, more than 60,000 jews were killed, and many more were executed or deported, only about 100 survived. by september more than 260,000 of 330,000 jews in the ghetto has been removed.
7. Attacks The force was met by a resistance of approximately 1500 armed Jews with small weapons and homemade bombs. The Jews attacked Nazi tanks and artillery with Molotov cocktails. The battle lasted for 28 days, during which time the Nazis burned the ghetto and bombarded it with artillery and air strikes.
8. Nazi soldiers On the third day nazi soldiers monitored the city in small groups,street to street combat began. In 1943, the Nazis captured the Jewish ﬁghting organizations headquarters, where they found Anielewicz and a number of other resisters who had committed suicide instead of being captured
9. Ghettos In 1942, approximately 500,000 jews lived in the ghetto. living space was extremely cramped, and during the next two years, more than 150,000 jews in the warsaw ghetto died of starvation and diseases like typhus, as well as through execution. The warsaw ghetto uprising was an event where the jews would be waiting to be sent to extermination camps poland.
10. ............................................. ...... Adolf hitlers solution was getting nazi’s to transport jews from the warsaw ghetto to the treblinka death camps. on the second day the nazi returned to the ghetto with gas, smoke, bombs and ﬂames to drive the resistance from their hide outs.
11. Jews Heminrich Himmier ordered the warsaw ghetto to be cleared of all jews by april 20th for a birthday gift for hitler. Jews that feared for total extermination disobeyed orders and didnt report to nazi officials. The ﬁghting lasted until may 1943, when nazi’s bombed the ghetto.