1. Final Presentation<br />Amanda Morman<br />EDFI560<br />Spring 2011<br />
2. Free Web-Based Technology<br />Sign-up is Free for the basic level<br />More information here!<br />Glogster is a free technology that allows a teacher or a student to create a digital poster that is published for free online.<br />GLOGSTER<br />
3. Example Glogs:<br />EMBED <br />VIDEO!<br />Interactive pictures with animation!<br /> Insert Sound and also<br />
4. Make A Glog!<br />Tool Bar for giving your poster your own creative twist<br />Easy to create! Many different fonts, backgrounds, graphics, picture frames and text box styles to make each project your own!<br />
5. Glogster can be a great site to make interactive posters on any topic at all.<br />Each student signs up for an account, and then a group can be made of the whole class.<br />Each student can make their own poster on any assigned topic. <br />Posters can include: Text, Picture, Video, and Sound.<br />EDUCATIONAL USE<br />
6. Glogster.edu<br />Different levels of membership based on the number of students needed to be connected!<br />Free version = 50 students!<br />
7. Bloom’s Taxonomy<br /><ul><li>Levels Glogster can especially highlight:</li></ul>-Creating<br />-Evaluating<br /><ul><li>Glogster poster projects allow for students to assemble, formulate, and design their own interactive poster. These tasks are very</li></ul>Important on the “Creating” level of the <br />Taxonomy. <br /><ul><li>Students can also preview each other’s posters allowing them to judge, praise, and criticize each other’s posters. This peer evaluation exercise is an example of using the “Evaluating” level of the Taxonomy.</li></li></ul><li>TeacherTube<br />-All educational videos within the database!<br />-Approved for school viewing especially at <br />Schools who have an “approved site” list.<br />Search any <br />Educational topic<br />Here!<br />
8. TeacherTube is a site where everything posted must have some sort of educational appeal or content is closely monitored and flagged if inappropriate.<br />Not only can you search videos you can also search photos, audio files, and documents.<br /> Can be very helpful for teachers putting together presentations about content to add photo/audio/or video to supplement the material<br />TeacherTube is SAFE!<br />
9. Helpful for Teachers too!<br />Online libraries<br />of a wide variety of content<br />Featuring: lesson plans,<br />printables, and graphic <br />organizers!<br />
10. Channels to follow!<br />*Or create your own channel!<br />Channels sorted by theme or subject.<br />*Channels<br />available<br />in all file <br />types. <br />*Subscribe to a channel and get<br />email updates when a new file is <br />posted.<br />
11. TeacherTube is FREE!<br />View without an account or create a<br />free account to post content!<br />
12. Bloom’s Taxonomy<br /><ul><li>To use the analyzing level students could watch two different videos about the same topic and then compare and contrast the two. seeing how each video went about teaching the same material.
13. Students could also use the creating level by scripting and putting together a video with some classmates on a certain topic. The videos could then be posted to teacher tube.
14. TeacherTube could also be used to find worksheets the students can do with questions on how to analyze the material for further comprehension.</li></ul>- Also creating would be to have students create an activity they think would be fun to do on a subject. These best ideas could then also be posted to TeacherTube.<br />
15. Links for all graphics and resources can be found at:<br />http://www.delicious.com/morman15/TechFinalProject<br />Attribution to Glogster.com and users: <br />Morman15<br />Strandell<br />Bloom’s taxonomy graphic:<br />Credit to:<br />Richard C. Overbaugh<br />Lynn Schultz<br /> at Old Dominion University<br />Attribution also to www.TeacherTube.com<br />Links and Attribution <br />