1. My Past Learning experiences have been: face to face only teacher directed lecture approach
2. My Pasto Instructors: o Use lecture to teach major concepts and ideas o Presented materials and resources of study o Imposed deadlines o Gave multiple choice or one word response assessments aligned to original concepts and ideas.
3. My Present My teaching style is a combination of the: lecture approach, discovery approach and active participation strategies.
4. My Present:Lecture Approach Lessons begin with a presentation of: goals, objectives, key concepts and ideas.
5. My Present:Discovery Approach/Active Participation Students are placed in groups to solve problems. Materials and resources are provided to assist with clarifications. Students research details, internalize ideas and make informed decisions.
6. My Present: Assessments are aligned to key concepts and ideas. Questions are selected response and open ended format Extended thought and/or clarification of response are encouraged. Opportunity to challenge and/or present varied viewpoints are provided.
7. My Future:Blended Learning Approach Face to face Instruction in a structured environment Presenting of: major goals, objectives, concepts and key ideas
8. My Future:Blended Learning Approach Introduction of components for online learning. Teacher directed or discovery approach for on line activity related to a major concept. Group practice with the on line activity. Provision of teacher assistance with each group to address questions.
9. My PresentBlended Learning Approach Face to face class to debrief activity and on line instruction. Opportunity to answer questions and clarify content. Introduction of remainder on-line activities based on goals and objectives. Completion of on-line activity outside of the structured classroom environment
10. My PresentBlended Learning Approach ½ face to face classes and ½ on line activity Availability of teacher by electronic method, phone or in person as appropriate.
11. My Future:Blended Learning Approach Timelines and deadlines suggested for time management as well as imposed for individual assessment Flexibility in how and where assignments are completed.
12. My Future:Blended Learning Approach On line methods will include webinars, discussions, emails, chats, web surfing and blogs.