Remember Solvay Elementary School
Read with your child Curriculum Night
Read you are a role model for your child
There are so many options
Newspapers & Magazines
Happy Reading :)
Resources September 16, 2010
http://tnrdlibrary.wordpress.com/ Librarian: Heather Turner
Popular Elementary Book Series 10 Tips for Choosing Books for Kids
Chapter Books • Have children choose their own books.
• Weird School Series by Dan Gutman • Find the children's section of your local library. Get to know
• Goosebumps by R.L. Stein the librarian, who can be a great resource!
• Katie Kazoo by Nancy Krulik • Find out what your child is interested in, and them help
choose books .
• Puppy Place by Ellen Miles
• Swap books with family and friends.
• Star Wars: The Clone Wars
• If your child does not like a book you are reading together,
• Scooby Doo series
put it away. Reading is a fun time to share.
• Jigsaw Jones by James Preller
• Again, Again, Again! Children like to read many time.
• A-Z Mysteries by Ron Roy and John Steven Gurney
• Many organizations have book lists if you need help: ALA,
• Beastquest by Adam Blade
International Reading Association, Children's Book Guild
• Judy Moody by Megan McDonald
• Look for books you like. Your enjoyment is one of the best
• Pet Fairies by Daisy Meadows
ways to encourage reading.
• Franny K. Stein by Jim Benton
• Try out different kinds
• Ghostville Elementary by Marcia T. Jones of books to see what
Picture Book Series appeals to your
• Pigeon by Mo Williams
• Have fun! Show your
• Henry and Mudge by Cynthia Ryalant
children the joy of
• Biscuit by Alyssa Capucilli
reading and how it can
• Fancy Nancy by Jane O’Conner open up a brand new
• Arthur by Marc Brown world!
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.