1. A trip to New ZealandMontse Quiñones García2º Bachillerato2012/2013
2. FlightsMálaga - Auckland (Lufthansa Airlines)The trip out takes 31 hours and 30 minutes.Trip out Date City TimeDeparture Monday, August 12Málaga 17:20Arrival Monday, August 12Frankfurt 20:25Departure Monday, August 12Frankfurt 21:35Arrival Tuesday, August 13Singapore 15:55Departure Tuesday, August 13Singapore 21:10Arrival Wednesday, August 14Auckland 10:50
3. FlightsTrip back Date City TimeDeparture Monday, August 26Auckland 12:10Arrival Monday, August 26Singapore 19:00Departure Monday, August 26Singapore 23:05Arrival Tuesday, August 27Frankfurt 05:40Departure Tuesday, August 27Frankfurt 09:30Arrival Tuesday, August 27Málaga 12:30Auckland - Málaga (Lufthansa Airlines)The trip back takes 34 hours and 20 minutes.
4. There was a little bit cheaper travel but the duration greatly increased.For example, 1400 euros/person if the trip took 50 hours.FlightsTicket: Total for family (in Euro)4 x1599,68 = 6398,72 €
5. Hotels and VisitsDate City Hotel Cost Activities DaysWednesday 08/14Thursday 08/15AucklandAirport SkywayLodge162,57RelaxSwimming Pool2Friday 08/16Saturday 08/17Sunday 08/18New PlymouthBraemar MotorInn344,49Visits Egmont National Partkand Taranaki Volcano3Monday 08/19Tuesday 08/20Wednesday 08/21NelsonNelson CityHolidays Park212,88Visits Abel Tasman NationalParkandNelson Lakes National Park3Thursday 08/22Friday 08/23Saturday 08/24Arthur’s PassArthurs PassAlpine Motel464,48Visits Arthurs Pass NationalPark 3Sunday 08/25 AucklandAirport SkywayLodge81,28RelaxSwimming Pool1Total Cost: 1265,70 €
6. MapsNorth Island South Island
7. Egmont National Park andTaranaki VolcanoEgmont National Parkencompasses the huge volcanoTaranaki, and offers lushwaterfalls, rainforests and mossyswamps.Mount Taranaki is New Zealand’smost perfectly formed volcano. Itis around 120,000 years old andlast erupted in 1775 andvolcanologists agree that themountain is ‘dormant’ rather thanextinct. Often described as ‘NewZealand’s most climbedmountain’, Mt Taranaki providesnon-mountaineers with anachievable summit challenge.
8. Abel Tasman National ParkAbel Tasman National Park is NewZealands smallest national park-but its perfectly formed forrelaxation and adventure.A coastal paradise that you canwalk through or explore by cruiseboat, sailing catamaran, water taxior sea kayak, visitors love the waythe Abel Tasman National Parkmixes physical exertion with beachlife. Bursts of hiking or paddlingare punctuated by sun bathing,swimming and sedate snorkelling.
9. Nelson Lakes National ParkThe Nelson Lakes National Park isan enchanting alpine landscape ofrugged peaks, forests andstunning glacial lakes.A compact area of mountainranges separated by forestedvalleys, the Nelson Lakes NationalPark is home to the beginning ofthe awe-inspiring Southern Alps.From easy lakeside walking tracksto challenging alpine hikes, thisnational park has something onoffer for everyone.
10. Arthurs Pass National ParkArthurs Pass is the highest pass overthe Southern Alps. Arthur DudleyDobson found his way over the pass in1864, it was known to Maori huntingparties as a route between east andwest.The eastern side of Arthurs PassNational Park is characterised by wide,shingle-filled riverbeds and vast beechforests. The western side of the park,where wet weather is more commonthan dry, has deeply gorged riversflowing through dense rainforest.Down the middle of the great divide isan alpine dreamland of snow-coveredpeaks, glaciers and scree slopes.