View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Who is Obama ?
Barack Obama who is the U.S.A President no.44 and
he is the first African-American president of America.
In 1961 Barack Hussein Obama was born in August 4 in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Who is Obama
• His father named Barack Obama Senior was born in Kenya.
• His mother named Ann Dunham grew up in Kansas.
• In 1961 they get married.
• In 1963 they get divorced.
• In 1967 Obama’s mother again married Lolo Soetoro
and moved to Indonesia where his sister Maya Soetoro
Who is Obama
• In 1971 Obama family returned to Hawaii to live
with his grandparent.
• In 1979 he graduated for high school from the Punahou Academy.
• In 1981 he graduated from Occidental college in Los Angeles.
• In 1983 he graduated for political science at Columbia University in New York.
• In 1988 he went to study at Harvard law School and graduated in 1991.
Punahou Academy Occidental college Columbia University Harvard law School
Who is Obama
• In 1983-1985 he worked at Business International Corporation.
• In 1985-1988 he worked at Roseland community and
the Altgeld Gardens public housing development.
• In 1991-2004 he returned to Chicago to teach at the university
of Chicago Law school.
• In 1995 he had published an autobiography
“Dream from my father: A story of Race and Inheritance” .
Who is Obama
• His wife’s name is Michelle Robinson.
• In 1988 he met her at the Sidley&Austin when he had a summer training as a Lawyer.
• In 1992 they were married.
• In 1998 his daughter (Malia) was born.
• In 2001 his daughter (Sasha) was born.
First, in 1996 he won elected Illinois state senator
over old senator Alice Palmer
- Speech at Hyde Park-Kenwood
- Legislation reforming ethics and
health care laws
- Increasing tax credits for low-income
- Increased subsides for childcare
2009 , The President Accepts the Nobel Peace Prize.
Why did the people in
the United States choose Obama
as their president?
Foreign policy (Withdrawal of Combat Troops from Iraq)
Barack Obama spoke out in 2002 that he don't oppose all wars.
Obama declared that combat operations would end in Iraq within 18 months
after his presidency . The Withdrawal is scheduled to be completed by August
Obama will lower taxes for people making less than $100,000 per
year more than John McCain will. McCain has been running many
misleading advertisements which make the claim that Obama is raising
taxes across the board. That is not true. Obama is only raising taxes
for the very rich and for corporations (who have not paid their fair share
Obama discuss with China government about economic crisis.
President Barack Obama meets the Rt. Hon Gordon Brown in 2009.
Obama signed into law the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
Vice President of the United States under the administration of
President Barack Obama.
Obama has very good experience and career part . He is
a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School,
where he was the president of the Harvard Law Review. He was
a community organizer in Chicago before earning his law degree.
He worked as a civil rights attorney in Chicago and taught
constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School from
1992 to 2004. Then, Obama served three terms in the Illinois Senate
from 1997 to 2004.
Obama In Harvard Law School United States Senator from Illinois
3. Young People like Obama
Obama is all over the web, he has YouTube videos,
online platforms, chat rooms and a blog. Obama focused
his campaign on the online community early and with full
force. We love tackling and reading all of his online aspects
and feel .
4. He is black
They estimate that 17,384,250 blacks voted this year of which
16,515,037 voted for Obama. That's 95 percent of the black vote.
This was enough in key states to put Obama over the top.
Obama and Oprah Winfrey
Barack and Stevie Wonder
Are there any change in the USA after
one year of his presidency?
Nearly half of all Americans (50%) say Obama is not
delivering on his major campaign promises.
More than a third (1:3) see the president
as falling short of their expectations.
In April 63 % Now 47 %
- 20 percent of Republicans approve compared
87 percent of Democrats.
- Analysts said the key issues are domestic ones
- 41 % approving economy and 47% disapprove.
- 36 percent approval and 54 percent disapproval.