1. 10 easy tricks for agency-based
to keep the brand manager happy
2. Show that you care & that the image
of the brand is your top priority.
// Their responsibility is your responsibility.
3. Be the good news apostle. When you get
amazing feedback, make sure to send an
// Don’t wait until your client checks the social media
channels and discovers the feedback without you.
4. When your client calls or emails you with
an idea, share their excitement. Improve
their idea with great details.
// Make sure they see that you make for a great team
& are able to collaborate. Share the credits.
Also, make a note on the invoice that it was based on
your client’s idea, in case it doesn’t work as expected.
5. Compliment your client on their work,
which they’re excited about.
// At least on the part you can get excited about and
even when the work was done with another agency.
6. Send regular reports. Make the numbers
look good. Help the brand manager look
good in front of their supervisor.
// And don’t forget that without an interpretation, it’s
just numbers. Take the effort to make things look good.
7. Try to deliver more than the brand
manager expected from you.
// Find a way to make the brand manager feel like they
did well by spending the money with your agency.
8. Be generous. Do little favours. Occasionally
give something extra on the house.
// And mention it casually in your next phone call.
9. When you make a mistake, apologise and
correct what you’ve done immediately.
// Give your client the impression that this won’t
happen again and you will do everything possible to
exceed their expectations.
10. Think of other brands your client could
collaborate with (i.e. contests) & introduce
// The bigger your agency, the easier it gets.
11. Don’t make other people wait for you.
A deadline is a deadline.
// Be on time. Your assignment might be just one part
of your client’s media strategy, which they’ve worked
on with multiple agencies.
12. ANYTHING YOU WANT TO ADD?