2. New LearningEnvironmentsinclude… <br />Combining traditional literacy with digital literacy in a flexible learning zone (that includes virtual learning spaces at home) where students, teachers and parents are able to explore new ideas collaboratively or independently, as the need arises.<br />
3. New LearningEnvironmentis…<br />A multipurpose space for integrated communication, collaboration, and computing technologies; a learning space that morphs.<br />
4. New LearningEnvironmentsembracenet gen norms<br />Sense of freedom <br />Customization<br />Scrutiny<br />Integrity<br />Collaboration<br />Entertainment<br />Speed <br />
5. GROUP ACTIVITY<br />Byofferingwhole and smallgroupworkspaceslikescreensharing at school and virtual whiteboardsexperience at home.<br />New LearningEnvironmentsadoptsnet gen normstrends<br />
6. New LearningEnvironmentsembrace net gen norms<br />GOAL AND ACHIEVEMENT ORIENTATION <br />Byleaving free accesstotutors and otherareateachers<br />Offeringstudents a possibilitytodevelopintegratedactivities and e-portfolios.<br />
7. MULTITASKING, DIVERSE, VISUAL, <br />INTERACTING <br />Byoffering a learningspacesuitableto use a variety of tools and materials, and accesstowirelessequipment.<br />Byofferingmultiliteracies training.<br />New LearningEnvironmentsadoptnet gen normstrends<br />
9. New LearningEnvironmentsadoptnet gen normstrends<br />EXPERIMENTAL TRIAL AND ERROR<br />PRAGMATIC AND INDUCTIVE.<br />Byofferingintegratedfacilities, resources and applicationsfortesting, analysis and research. <br />
10. New Learningenvironmentscomprisecollaborativelearning and teaching<br /><ul><li>Enhances communication in a deep and authentic level
11. Provides new standards of expectation
12. “Provides a climate for great things to happen, conditions that matter for student’ success “ (Kuhk cited by Bickford & Wright, n.d.at Oblinger & Oblinger (2006))
13. Assures members interaction in a meaningful way to deepen understanding of each other, to lead to processes that favor critical thinking, analysis and learning.
14. Assures collective meaning making.
15. Improves engagement and learning.
16. Fosters learning in the community. </li></li></ul><li><ul><li>Learnability
34. Referencess<br />Allimages [online image] (n.d.) RetrievedonMarch, 14 2010 from<br />http://images.google.com.co/<br />Brown, M. (2005). Learning Spaces. In Educating the Net Generation, Chapter 12. Educause. Retrieved on March 2nd, 2010 from www.educause.edu/educatingthenet gen/ <br />Campus Technology, (2009 )Retrieved from<br />http://campustechnology.com/articles/2009/04/29/designing-learning-spaces-for-instruction-not-control.aspx<br />Dictionary.com (2010) Design. Retrieved on March 4th, 2010 from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/design<br />Learning Space Design , EDUCAUSE Review , vol. 40, no. 4 (July/August 2005). Retrieved on March 4, 2010 from http://www.educause.edu/ELI/LearningPrinciplesandPractices/LearningSpaceDesign/5521<br />Information Technology Services for The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (2009). Retrieved on March 4, 2010 from: http://images.google.com.co/imgres?imgurl=http://its.unc.edu/ccm/groups/public/%40its/%40tandl/documents/content/ccm1_002526.jpg&imgrefurl=http://its.unc.edu/TeachingAndLearning/LearningSpace/index.htm&usg=__FPu8SPJ2OFms16GabacntyEsPZU=&h=390&w=520&sz=53&hl=es&start=5&itbs=1&tbnid=jb3AU6NEcaCeCM:&tbnh=98&tbnw=131&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dlearning%2Bspace%2Bdesign%26hl%3Des%26sa%3DN%26tbs%3Disch:1<br />Oblinger, D & Oblinger, J (Eds). (2006). Learning Spaces. Educase. Retrieved on March 13, 2010 from http://www.educause.edu/LearningSpaces<br />Reinard,R. (2009). Designinglearningspacesforinstruction , not control. Retrievedfrom<br />http://campustechnology.com/Articles/2009/04/29/Designing-Learning-Spaces-for-Instruction-not-Control.aspx<br />Saumell, M.V. (2010). Task 2.3.4. Assessedproject. NLE 2010-1. Master in ELT. Universidad de la Sabana, Bogotá. RetrievedonMarch 6 from: http://virtual.unisabana.edu.co/mod/assignment/view.php?id=94656<br />