10 second intro of yourselfExcited to have you as part of the MongoDB city communityWe put a lot of work into the programLooking forward to getting started
For anyone who is new to the community or new to the productWhat and Why (why is more important/compelling)
Mongo is a lot of things and to understand but for me the key things that mongo Is are:Mongodb is a Document database – we use documents rather than records and relationshipsMongodb is Open Source – the whole database source code is avaialble on github – were there internet here you could download it right now!Mongodb is High Performance – mongodb is designed to take full advantage of your system resourcesMongodb is horizontally scalable – multiple servers can be used to create a mongodb cluster very easily. In this way you can increase your performance by adding more machinesMongosb is full featured – mongodb has a whole host of features available for use within itNow you understand what these mean on a broad level lets see what exactly each of these mean
Already, thousands of organizations are using MongoDB
All of the companies listed here are featured in case studies & presentations on 10gen.com
10gen is the company that builds and supports MongoDB
All of these are reasons why we bring conferences like this one to the MongoDB community, and why we are so excited to have you here todayBusiness model is to make money on support and services related to MongoDB; core product is free
Support and training centreFollow-the-sun support model: NYC => Sydney => DublinWe’re hiring!
10gen,MongoDB, and the MongoDB community have expanded hand in hand. Not only are we excited to be able to host you at this conference, we are excited to share with you some of the growth the community has experienced over the year, made possible by community members like yourselves.
Includes groups that are interested in Mono
201110gen trained 1,000 people via in-person training2012Launched developer and DBA courses last month (you can still sign up!)20,000 enrolled
OpenShift – sponsor on the road with us at all of our conferences
Tweet, email, or take our simple survey going out in the follow up email tomorrow
Thank you again, we hope you are as excited to be here as we are to have you. Enjoy the conference – the first session starts in a few minutes.
1. #MongoSydneyWelcome to MongoDBSydney 2012Ian DanielTechnical Support Manager, 10gen Australia
2. What is MongoDB?
3. MongoDB is a ___________database• Document• Open source• High performance• Horizontally scalable• High availability• Full featured
6. Common Use Cases• Content Management –MTV Networks, Forbes, Shutterfly• High Volume Data Feeds – ShareThis, Stripe, Wordnik• Operational Intelligence – Intuit, Buddy Media, Traackr• Product Data Management– CustomInk, Totsy• Social Networking – foursquare, DisneyMore case studies and presentations: http://www.10gen.com/use-cases
7. Who is 10gen?
8. 10gen, the MongoDB Company• We started the MongoDB project• We continue to develop MongoDB• We want to make it easy for you to learn and use MongoDB• We value the community
9. Follow the Sun Support Dublin New York Sydney
10. The MongoDBCommunity
11. Google Groups – Discussion List
12. StackOverflow – Q&A Community
15. Conference Logistics
16. Morning Agenda
17. Afternoon Agenda
18. Lightning Talks• Short 2-5 min talk related to MongoDB• Slides not required ;-)• Share your tips or experiences• Get a MongoDB mug• We’d love to hear from you…
19. Wireless Access• Connect to open WiFi and select “Conference” Network: TBA Password: 10genmongo
20. Thank You to our Sponsor
22. We want your feedback• #MongoSydney• firstname.lastname@example.org• Look for our 3 question survey in our MongoDB Sydney follow up email
23. #MongoSydneyThank YouIan DanielTechnical Support Manager, 10gen Australia