President, Digital Prophets Network (DPN)
• Board member, Moosejaw.com, Monetate, Hilco Retail Advisor
• Founder, Shop.org & current Think Tank participant
• Formerly Amazon Services, 1800flowers.com, iVillage
magazines / print
PR / buzz
social / WOM
marketplaces amazon google facebook blogs
product editorial photography
Industry Catch Up
• Convergence: devices, access to information
• Omni channel convergence: customer experience
through brands, stores, web, mobile, TV
• Data collection, limited analysis, no action
• Retailers & brands are playing catch up with technology
& consumer rapidly changing behavior
• Disconnected Customer Experiences
• Our businesses do not match the needs of the customer
• Change - Re engineer how we organize & serve
The latest trend (circa 1995)
• Know your customer – understand them
–Revamp/ introduction of Voice of Customer programs
–Customer journey mapping
• Talk their language, be relevant
Winning @ Customer Experience
• Relevant: It reflects the customer’s circumstances and affinities.
• Valuable: It delivers what the customer wants or needs.
• Authentic: It makes the customer better off (while avoiding trickery).
• Timely: It’s delivered at the right time, not necessarily in real time.
• True customer centricity – customer insights & behavior
– Impacting company structure, performance, decisions
• Chief Customer Officer
• Customer Experience Management
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.