Allah’s Name<br />One of Allah's name is Al-Hakeem which means The All-Wise.<br />Allah is All-Wise in what he decrees<br />In what he commands<br />In what he prohibits<br />Allah may make some people realise the wisdom and not all people.<br />
A believers job?<br />In any case. It is a believers JOB to submit to his Lord and His decrees and commands even if he doesn’t recognise the wisdom behind it.<br />Allahs says: “its is not for a <br /> believing man or a believing woman, when Allah and His messenger have decided a matter, that they should (thereafter) hand any choice about the affair.” (33:36)<br />
One Command<br />One command of the All-Wise which He made people partly aware of the wisdom behind it is FASTING.<br />FASTING has many inwardly and outwardly benefits. <br />
1. Attaining Piety<br />Allah says:<br />“O you who have believed, decreed upon you is fasting as it was decreed upon those before you that you may become pious”<br />
2. Diminishing the strength of ones desire.<br />You don’t eat too much.<br />You quench(control) your thirst<br />You reduce the husband and wife relationship for a short period of time<br />And you focus on the mention of Allah and pondering.<br />Continual fulfillment of ones desire makes one hard-hearted and blinds him from the right path. It also prevents one from mentioning Allah and reflecting upon it His signs and creation. All of this leads to heedlessness.<br />
3. Narrowing the passage of the devil.<br />Shaitan runs in the blood of the son of Adam. Fasting narrows his passage and thus lessens his effects. This reduces one’s desire and calms one’s anger<br />
4.Strenghtening one’s willpower and determination.<br />This frees a person from being enslaved to his lusts and desires that are harmful to him.<br /> A person who can tolerate the pain of hunger, thirst and can control himself from having a sexual relationship with his spouse whilst fasting will strengthen ones determination and willpower.<br />
5. Breaking one out of his regular routine.<br />Some people loose their temper and become ill-mannered if their meal was delayed from its normal time or they didn’t drink their morning coffee or afternoon tea.<br />They have become so accustomed to this certain routine and changing it is very difficult for them. Fasting helps these kind of people overcome this behavior<br />
6. Realizing the size of the bounties of Allah.<br />Fasting makes rich people appreciate Allah's favors upon them.<br />Because Allah has given them what He has deprived poor people from.<br />This frees a person from being enslaved to his lusts and desires that are harmful to him.<br />
7. Increases the sense of honesty.<br />The one who is fasting promises Allah to restrain from all things that are prohibited by Allah whilst fasting even in seclusion.<br />
8. Medical Benefits.<br />Fasting prevents from many diseases by the will of Allah.<br />Fasting organises a persons heart-beat and relaxes the body.<br />Fasting purifies the blood from fat, cholesterols, and acids.<br />Fasting relieves the liver from regular pressure<br />
8. More Medical Benefits.<br />Fasting reduces the production of digestive glands which is usually the cause for ulcers.<br />It protects the person from gaining weight, diabetes and kidney stones.<br />It reduces the pressure on the heart arteries.<br />
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.