Allah’s Name One of Allah's name is Al-Hakeem which means The All-Wise. Allah is All-Wise in what he decrees In what he commands In what he prohibits Allah may make some people realise the wisdom and not all people.
A believers job? In any case. It is a believers JOB to submit to his Lord and His decrees and commands even if he doesn’t recognise the wisdom behind it. Allahs says: “its is not for a believing man or a believing woman, when Allah and His messenger have decided a matter, that they should (thereafter) hand any choice about the affair.” (33:36)
One Command One command of the All-Wise which He made people partly aware of the wisdom behind it is FASTING. FASTING has many inwardly and outwardly benefits.
Benefits of Fasting
1. Attaining Piety Allah says: “O you who have believed, decreed upon you is fasting as it was decreed upon those before you that you may become pious”
2. Diminishing the strength of ones desire. You don’t eat too much. You quench(control) your thirst You reduce the husband and wife relationship for a short period of time And you focus on the mention of Allah and pondering. Continual fulfillment of ones desire makes one hard-hearted and blinds him from the right path. It also prevents one from mentioning Allah and reflecting upon it His signs and creation. All of this leads to heedlessness.
3. Narrowing the passage of the devil. Shaitan runs in the blood of the son of Adam. Fasting narrows his passage and thus lessens his effects. This reduces one’s desire and calms one’s anger
4.Strenghtening one’s willpower and determination. This frees a person from being enslaved to his lusts and desires that are harmful to him. A person who can tolerate the pain of hunger, thirst and can control himself from having a sexual relationship with his spouse whilst fasting will strengthen ones determination and willpower.
5. Breaking one out of his regular routine. Some people loose their temper and become ill-mannered if their meal was delayed from its normal time or they didn’t drink their morning coffee or afternoon tea. They have become so accustomed to this certain routine and changing it is very difficult for them. Fasting helps these kind of people overcome this behavior
6. Realizing the size of the bounties of Allah. Fasting makes rich people appreciate Allah's favors upon them. Because Allah has given them what He has deprived poor people from. This frees a person from being enslaved to his lusts and desires that are harmful to him.
7. Increases the sense of honesty. The one who is fasting promises Allah to restrain from all things that are prohibited by Allah whilst fasting even in seclusion.
8. Medical Benefits. Fasting prevents from many diseases by the will of Allah. Fasting organises a persons heart-beat and relaxes the body. Fasting purifies the blood from fat, cholesterols, and acids. Fasting relieves the liver from regular pressure
8. More Medical Benefits. Fasting reduces the production of digestive glands which is usually the cause for ulcers. It protects the person from gaining weight, diabetes and kidney stones. It reduces the pressure on the heart arteries.