Media evaluation 4

336 views

Published on

Published in: Technology, Art & Photos
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
336
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
2
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
3
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Media evaluation 4

  1. 1. Media Evaluation 4<br />How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?<br />
  2. 2. Blog <br /> Through out my project I kept track of all my work on an online blog using blogger.com . This allowed me to keep organised by storing all my work in one place, and prevented me loosing any work. This link was then passed on to my teachers and examiners for marking. <br />
  3. 3. Youtube.com<br /> Other side I used to post my work was youtube.com. After production I uploaded my trailer onto youtube so it was easily accessible. This also allowed me to gain feedback and advice from spectators. <br />
  4. 4. The internet <br /><ul><li>I used the website slideshare.com to convert PowerPoint files onto something web accessible. This was used to publish my questionnaire findings from my computer to my blog.
  5. 5. google.com was used continuously in all stages of my project. This was for many things, as I find it the most effective search engine. For example I searched for various help forum websites through out using iMovie, as there were some features I didn’t previously know how to use, such as adding a backing track.
  6. 6. In the planning stage I used dafont.com to find an appropriate font for the main title ‘sanctuary’ which would be replicated in all 3 tasks. The website insisted download, so instead I print screened the image and paste it where nessasary. </li></li></ul><li>Digital camera<br /><ul><li>To take the still shots for the ancillary projects I used a Nikon D3100 with a tripod. This allowed for clear, good quality photographs. These were then edited on Photoshop, and as they’d been take from a 14mp camera I was very pleased with the outcome. </li></ul>For the video shoots I used a Canon Legriahandycam. This was a small practical camera, it was easy to use and to upload the footage onto the computer. Originally I tried to upload the files onto a pc laptop, however they were only recognised at internet files. However when I transferred the files onto a macbook they opened as normal. <br />
  7. 7. Photoshop<br /> I used photoshop to edit the photo graphs for my ancillary products. This software had all the features that I needed to use. <br />For both the advertisement poster and magazine cover I began by editing the contrast and saturation of the photo to give me the right brightness and effectI wanted. I experimented with this feature until I was happy with the result. For the magazine cover I also edited the colour filter, allowing more red light in to add a chilling effect to the image. <br />From this point I began to use the crop tool to fit the images to size, the magazine cover images didn’t need editing. However the poster needed cropping around the edges as the model was too small in proportion to the background. <br />Once the images were the right size and colour I layered the models using the ‘magnetic lasoo’ tool. This meant that I could add in a background image behind the models. This was used for the advertisement poster, to include the height chart behind the model I added the image in, and ‘send back’, and final I edited the transparency to make it more discreet. I didn’t want the lines taking the attention away from the model. <br />
  8. 8. Photoshop continued<br />After these stages I began adding the font surrounding the images. With the magazine cover I used a variety of the pre set fonts, sticking to sans serif as it is looks more basic and simple , rather than being too excentric. In order to include the ‘sanctuary’ logo I added the font as if it was an image, using the magic wand tool then selecting the inverse. This was used in all 3 tasks, as I also used it to create an image for the opening scene of my trailer. <br />I never linked any of the layers, keeping them all separate in case any needed deleting or moving individually. Through out the process I experimented with different size fonts, images, colours etc until I was certain ot my end result. <br />
  9. 9. iMovie<br /><ul><li>iMovie software was used to edit all my video clips together to produce my end product. This was avaible on the macbook’s which I burrowed from school. Despite never using the software before it was fairly simple to use, and I soon learnt my way around with support from the inbuilt help system and the internet.
  10. 10. The first thing to do was upload all the video clips, this was a simple automatic process. Once uploaded I viewed all my clips, deleting any I felt were of no use.
  11. 11. From this I picked out the clips I wanted to included, croping the section of the clip I wanted. Once placed together I rearranged and recapped over and over again.
  12. 12. To add sound effects and backing tracks was simple, once allocating the track I just placed and dragged where necessary.</li></li></ul><li>iMovie continued <br /> Whilst adding the clips I edited the contrast and saturation of some, this gave chilling/scary effects where needed. <br />Between shots I either added an effect of left it to create a straight cut. Where I used an effect I used either a fade into black, or cross dissolve. <br />
  13. 13. iMovie continued<br /> In some scenes, such as the one shown and others involving font, I changed the start at stop point of zoom. <br />

×