2. Agenda1-How People Find Your Website?2-What is a search engine ?3-How Do Search Engines Work?3-What is search engine sees?4-What is the search engine optimization?5-Importance of search engine optimization.6-Ranking factors for SEO to raise your Rank .7-Summarized Recommendations.
3. How People Find Your Website?
4. Traffic Sourceswww.islamonline.net www.Readingislam.com Search engine Search engine Direct Traffic Direct Traffic Referring sites Referring sites Others Others www.20at.com www.biblioislam.com Search engine Search engine Direct Traffic Direct Traffic Referring sites Referring sites Others Others
5. What is a search engine
6. What is a search engine
7. How Do Search Engines Work? Spider “crawls” the web to find new documents (web pages, other Documents) typically by following hyperlinks from websites already In the database. Search engine indexes the content (text, code) in these documents by adding it to their huge databases and periodically updates this content. Search engine searches its own database when user enters in a search to find related documents (not searching web pages in real-time). Search engine ranks resulting documents using an algorithm (mathematical formula) that assigns various weights to ranking factors .
8. How Do Search Engines Work? Search box Sponsored Listings PPC “Organic” Results SERPs
9. View > Source (HTML Home page IOL code)
10. What is Search engine optimization SEO = Search Engine Optimization - Refers to the process of “optimizing” both the on- page and off-page ranking factors.- Refers to the “industry” that revolves around obtaining high rankings in the search engines.- Refers to an individual or company that optimizes websites for its client.
11. • It has a positive psychological impact on a visitor.• Help you create a brand identity.• Better web site positioning.• Fast measurable ROI.• Lower client acquisition costs.• Compete efficiently against larger competitors.• Continuous Visibility.• Make the most out of the best tool for advertising.• The cheapest marketing tool even on the net.
12. On page optimization is the Off page Optimization is process by which various optimization done off the elements on an individual Page, like getting relevant web page are structured so links from other sites, link that the web page can be exchange with quality found by the search engines relevant sites, choosing for specific keyword(s) or relevant anchor text from keyword phrases. the perfect location on the different pages of different sites etc. On page Factors Off page factors
13. Titles tags Content- Keywords Meta description tags Alt tags Sitemaps
14. On page factors _ Title tags
15. On page factors _ Title tags Tips for effective writing Title Tags1- Try to place your most important keyword phrase atthe beginning of the tag.2- Use your primary keyword phrase in the title tag atleast once.3- Avoid using the same words multiple times.4- Use plural form of keyword phrases, especially whichincludes a complete singular word.5- Use sentence case for keyword phrase but keepprepositions in lower case.
16. On page factors _ Title tags Tips for effective writing Title Tags6- Keep your title tag limit under 70 to 90 characters,longer sentences won’t give any.8- Avoid using special characters such as ! @ # $ ^ & * ( }[|?/9- Avoid using stopping words such as or, and , with, for,by, etc10- Use unique title tag for each page, since each page hasunique content.11- Make your title interesting and compelling to thereader to convince them why they should click there.
17. (الحسين كانون)(القوى اإلسالمية السنية بالعراق ) The same title in all pages
18. On page factors _ Content Why Content is King?Search engines were able to evaluate website with relevanceto their content, though they were not very efficient andintelligent like they are these days, but they were able toread the content at website and content still plays veryimportant role in top ranking positions. Tips to Integrate Keywords within Web copy Use Keywords at the top of the web page, within your selectable text. Try to start paragraphs and lines with main keywords Use keywords in headings and sub headings Top 2,00 characters are the most important characters of every page Use keywords as hyper or anchor links
19. On page factors _ Meta Description Tag What Is The Meta Description Tag?It’s an HTML tag use to feed description to search engines, it givesdescription of webpage to search engines, it is declared after title tag of thewebpage under head tag.Example: <meta name=”description” content=“Your Home PageDescription”>Why Is The Description Tag Important?Description tag is the very important tag, search engines take webpagedescription through this tag, though search engines don’t give anyimportance to this tag in their ranking algorithms but this tag can leadsearchers to motivate and visit your website.
20. On page factors _ META Description Tag Tips To Write Effective Page Description Tag1- Describe your complete webpage in one single line or in a small paragraph2- Forget about keywords, focus on “call to action” words with respect to pagerelevancy.3- Use unique description tag for each page, since each page has unique content4- Keep your description tag’s limit under 225 to 250 characters, longersentences won’t give any value but they can be hurdle in deep crawl of your webpage5- Avoid using special characters such as ! @ # $ ^ & * ( }[ | ? /6- Avoid all capital letter, try to use sentence case7- Use motivational lines so that your listing will be clicked comparatively betterthan your competitors8-Don’t misguide search engine visitors, write what is available there at the page
21. On page factors _ Alt Image Attribute What is Alt Image Attribute?Alternate text commonly referred to as Alt, is a textdescription that can be added to the HTML tag thatdisplays an image. The ALT text is displayed by thebrowser when the cursor is moved over the picture. Ifpictures are turned off in the browser, the Alt text isautomatically displayed instead.
22. On page factors _ Alt Image Attribute Tips to Write Effective Alt Attribute:Try to include keywords in Alt attribute, but don’tinclude forcefully. Try to write a descriptive line as Alt attribute Don’t put a huge list of keywords in it, it could beregarded as SPAM
23. On page factors _ Site map What is Sitemap?A hierarchical diagram or links of the pages for yourWebsite. A site map helps visitors navigate large,complicated sites by showing its entire structure Tips to Search Engine Friendly Sitemap: List all possible links at the sitemap with plain text and oneline description with those links. If sitemap has more than 100 links, break the sitemap intoseparate pages.Don’t point the same page with multiple links at sitemap.
24. 1- Link popularity Bookmarking. Forums Blogs Social network Press release Articles2-Anchor text3-Directories
25. OFF Page Factors _ Link popularity link popularity is just a fancy name for a link to your page from another domain. Webmasters want more back links because more back links mean better ranking in the SERPs. Tips to Build Link Popularity: Try to get one way, permanent links. Avoid linking to FFA (Free For All) sites. Get links from relevant industrial portals , websites/pages or relevant categories. Get links from classified websites.
26. OFF Page Factors _Text Anchor The anchor text is the words that appear in a link. For this reason its also called the link text. The engines pay special attention to the anchor text, because it seems reasonable that if they finds a link to, say, how to buy a house, then the page being linked to is probably about how to buy a house.
27. Summarized Recommendations Do….(1)1- Put your keywords in the <TITLE>, heading tags and the body.2-pay attention to meta description tags and alt tags2- Link up your site well internally.3- Link to high-quality sites4- Submit your site to directories (not link farms) particular to your industry.
28. A Final Word… Effective search engine optimization is not about “tricking” the Search engines into ranking your site favorably. Rather, SEO is a research process designed to deliver relevant information to the people seeking that information. The better you are able to optimize your page content to suit the needs of your target visitors, the greater success you will have
29. Reference1- SEO Book2- SEO 101 Thank you Mohammad Abdel Kareem