2. FICCI CE Employee motivation Define the outcome you want from managers and insist that they find their own way there. This practice encourages creativity and makes people empowered enough to innovate their way to achieving goals.
3. FICCI CE Employee motivation Identify strengths of the employees and make efforts to develop and use their strengths by assigning suitable jobs to them. The best way to motivate a person is to offer him the job which he / she likes the most.
4. FICCI CE Employee motivation The seniors must genuinely share the joys and sorrows of the individuals. Treat every employee as a distinctive individual. Every individual is a unique bundle of needs, insecurities, ambitions, spirit and genius. This must be translated into specific action in managing every individual’s growth, training, rewards etc. In majority of cases the employees do not leave companies - they leave their seniors and supervisors.
5. FICCI CE Employee motivation• To motivate a person to give his best to your organization, demonstrate to him how his best will make the organization a better performer. Their opinions must be considered during the decision making process.• Assist employees in translating organization’s mission into personal mission.
6. FICCI CE Employee motivation• Get teams to initiate continuous improvement process and recognize their achievements. Only then you will find every one committed to quality. Encourage team based rewards rather than individual rewards.• Encourage people to develop healthier relationships with others at the work place instead of only encouraging professional relationships.
7. FICCI CE Employee motivation Create a work culture that is transparent, open to new ideas and promotes lot of creativity and innovation.
8. FICCI CE Employee motivation It must be remembered that good pay and perks can always be matched and even bettered by your competitors - it is only the great work places that will make significant difference to the quality of the organization.