While showing demos, few ppl would surely clap den you should say feel free to clap, then all would be enjoying clapping after each demo ;)Lock screenPicture passwordStart screenMetro appsSwitching between metro apps smoothlySnap viewCopy paste demoExplorer Ribbon demoHyper V Demo if requiredISO Mount demo
1. Operating Know TheIntro System Owner Windows 8 SystemRequirements Features Removed features PROS Cons Final Windows 7 Poll Vs. Windows 8 Verdict
2. 2 Windows 8 is an operating system produced by Microsoft for use on personalcomputers, including home and business desktops, laptops, tablets, and home theatre PCs. Development of this operating system started before the release of its predecessorin 2009. Its existence was first announced in January 2011 at Consumer Electronics Show. During its development and test phases, Microsoft released three pre-releaseversions: Developer Preview on September 13, 2011, Consumer Preview February 29, 2012, and Release Preview May 31, 2012.
3. 3An operating system or OS is a software program that enables thecomputer hardware to communicate and operate with the computer software.Without a computer operating system, a computer and software programs would beuseless.Below are the some examples of it -:• Windows 8• Windows 7• Linux• Fedora• Ubuntu• And many more… How it Works
4. 4 4Microsoft Founded in 1975 by Bill Gates and Paul Allen, Microsofts mission hasbeen to create software for the personal computer that empowers and enrichespeople in the workplace, at school and at home. As the worlds leading softwareprovider, Microsoft strives to produce innovative products that meet customersevolving needs.Microsoft products include the MS-DOS and Windows operating systems forpersonal computers, server applications for client/server environments, businessand consumer productivity applications, interactive media programs, and Internetplatform and development tools. Microsoft also offers online services, sellspersonal computer books and input devices, and researches and develops advancedtechnology software products. Microsoft products, available in more than 30languages and sold in more than 50 countries, are available for most PCs, includingIntel microprocessor-based computers and Apple computers.
6. 6It’s been almost two years since Microsoft launched the Windows 7 operating systemand over time, it has proved itself to be one of the best and most stable operatingsystems ever created. And now with Windows 8, there isn’t a least shred of doubtthat Microsoft is aiming not only for a repeat performance but to also change how weinteract with our PCs. Windows 8 is an operating system produced by Microsoft for use on personal computers, including home and business desktops, laptops, tablets, Smartphones and home theatre PCs.Windows 8 introduces significant changes to the operating systems graphical userinterface and platform; such as a new interface design incorporating a new designlanguage used by other Microsoft products, a new Start screen to replace the Startmenu used by previous versions of Windows, a new...
8. Development of this operating system started before the release of its predecessor in 2009. Its 8existence was first announced in January 2011 at Consumer Electronics ShowPeople will be able get Windows 8 starting on October 26th either by upgrading for $39.99 or on a newPC or device. And if you buy an eligible Windows 7 PC today, you will be able to purchase an upgrade toWindows 8 Pro for $14.99 (U.S.) through the Windows Upgrade Offer.
9. 9Windows 8 works great on the same hardware that powers Windows 7: Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit) Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit) Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driverAdditional requirements to use certain features:- To use touch, you need a tablet or a monitor that supports multitouch. To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768. To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768. Internet access (ISP fees might apply)
14. 15 Traditional Start Button & Start Menu Windows Aero, Transparent Glass, & Flip 3D No Windows 8 Desktop Gadgets Command Bar get replaced by new Ribbon DVD Playback & Windows Media Center Previous Versions & Windows Backup and Restore Parental Control is now family safety on Windows 8 Windows Update Desktop Notifications
15. Pros 16 Safer Low hardware specifications (even for tablets) Has a fresh look Optimized for touch screens Windows Store application Internet Explorer 10 Startup Duration: Max 17 Seconds Shut-down Duration: Max 9.9 Seconds
16. 17 Cons A whole new interface to discover Start menu All Softwares are not compatible with it
17. Poll 18 6% 4% Ill upgrade my existing PC to Windows 8 as soon as its available. I plan to download and test the20% Windows 8 beta before deciding. 45% Ill stick with Windows 7, thank you very much. I want no part of any current or future Microsoft operating system. Other 25%
19. The Start Screen 20Window 7 At start screen we have Desktop with a Start Menu toolbar. Windows 8 At Start screen there is all new Metro UI.
20. Task management 21Window 7 A simple and easy tohandle Task Manager dialog box Window 8 A Whole New Task manager dialog box with more details of running applications.
21. Interface issues 22Windows 7 The interface ofit was same as earlier versions withlittle changes Windows 8 All new interface which is hard to understand at the beginning for a newbie. Every window is having a ribbon with it.
22. Lock Screen 23Windows 7 No Lock Screen Featurein it. Windows 8 A new lock screen feature which allows to lock your PC/ Laptop same as a Smartphone.
24. 25 Windows 8 Old Copy Style. Windows 8 All new Copy Style
25. Final Verdict 26 FOR On the right hardware, its sleek, fast and fun Huge security improvements Better battery life Faster boot Great for touch All new app store All new Metro UI AGAINST Start menu gone Cant boot to the desktop Some older CPUs wont run it