1. Distance Education and the Internet TECH4101Dr. Alaa SadikInstructional & Learning Technologies Departmentwww.email@example.comDone by : Mohammed Al-Hinaai 88722 Ibrahim Al-badi 89245
2. Distance Educationand the InternetTECH4101Lecture One (Week 2)DefiningDistance Education Interactive Presentation
3. Defining Distance EducationBackground:1.The Industrial Revolution in the 19th century (seeWikipedia) →2.Developments in various fields of technology (giveexamples) →3.Offered new solutions for delivering instruction →4.Learners’ interests (in what?) were enhanced →5.Increase in the subject areas offered by distanceeducation →6.Became one of the formal means of education.
4. Defining Distance EducationWhat is distance education ordistance learning?(Google)Distance education is more broad than distance learning .It is systematic system and formal which consist learning environment and instructor and separated learners.
5. Defining Distance EducationWhat is distance education ordistance learning?(Wiki) Distance education is defined as a formal educational process in which the majority of the instruction occurs when student and instructor are not in the same place. “It is a field of education in which learners are separated by place and time”. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distance_education
6. Defining Distance EducationWhat is distance education ordistance learning?(Team)It’s distance education which differ from distance learning by teaching, tutoring and evaluating. In addition, Distance education need:1-Technology to deliver the knowledge.2--Separation between teacher and students.
7. Defining Distance EducationWhat is distance education or distancelearning?-Distance education is defined as the Education that takesplace when the instructor and participant are separated byspace and/or time.-Distance learning allows individuals to participate incontinuing education activities.
8. Defining Distance EducationHistory of distance education andtechnology (old technology)In the past people wereusing broadcastingand distributingprinting materials inorder to deliverlearning at a distance
9. Defining Distance Education History of distance education and technology (modern technology)Then computer-based distanceeducation was introduced, usingtechnologies such as network-based computer conferencing andtapes.Today were looking at web-basedinstruction usingtelecommunication and Internettechnologies.
10. Defining Distance Education Time for Presentation
11. Defining Distance EducationIn conclusion:To sum-up, that distance education has started since earlier times but in different shape through the advancement of technology but still it focuses on the same idea of separating instructor and learner in place or and time and reconnect them through any useful technology.